PDA

View Full Version : sniper1fa's recharable halo battery pack review!

hawpunch
03-26-2003, 09:04 PM
this is a rather informal review that i'm putting together. i got my rechargeable battery pack for my halo from sniper1fa a while back. the problem was that i couldn't test it out on the field until a couple of days ago. sniper, if you're reading this (and i'm sure you eventually will), i'm sorry for the delay in the report. anyways, i put about half a case through my halo a couple of days ago at a friend's field. the halo went through it without a hitch and the halo was on for about a 4 hour period (intermittently switching off). didn't detect any slow down in the force feed mechanism. when i got home, and turned on the halo, it still showed a green light and was still going strong. i've been fooling around with it turning it on and off the last couple of days. the battery pack was left in the halo for during last couple of days and not taken out. the halo still shows a green light and no slow down in the force feed mechanism. in addition, the battery pack has had no detrimental effect upon the halo (i.e. no short circuit, etc). its convenient because its one piece and sniper was able to provide me with the recharger for it too. this review is rather haphazard...i've got a lot of work to do at school, so i might have missed out on some things people are interested in. if you have questions, please feel free to email me. now for the pics.

hawpunch
03-26-2003, 09:05 PM
another

hawpunch
03-26-2003, 09:06 PM
my recommendation is that eveyrone with a halo get this battery pack. its convenient, well made and the price was pretty fair. i no longer have to run around looking for 6 aa batteries. thanks sniper1fa!

aloha,

jae park

darklord
03-26-2003, 09:14 PM
So which version did you get? The 9.6v, or the other one?

hawpunch
03-26-2003, 09:17 PM
darklord,

a good question. this is the 7.2v version i believe. less power, but more cycle time per charge. tell you the truth, i couldn't detect any noticeable change in the speed at which the halo's forcefeed was turning. and even if i had, i doubt i would be able to outshoot it (22bps is a little out of my realm).

aloha,

jae park

Load SM5
03-26-2003, 09:50 PM
How's the weight of the packs? I picked up some lithuim batts for my HALO and like the weight savings and extra life.

cledford
03-26-2003, 09:51 PM
What is the weight difference between it and the AAs?

What is the cost?

-Calvin

sniper1rfa
03-26-2003, 10:04 PM
he got the 7.2V pack. I glad to hear the 7.2 wasnt slower. that just makes my day. means the 9.6V is faster, too. :D

they are 50 bucks with charger for the version hawpunch got. Check the link in my sig for details.

I dont know what the wieght savings are.

hawpunch
03-26-2003, 10:41 PM
i don't have a scale, but the weight seemed very similar to 6 aa's (these are the nimh rechargeables from radio shack). hopefully someone with a weight scale will be able to give a more useful measure.

i've
aloha,

jae park

sniper1rfa
03-27-2003, 03:06 PM
actually, they arent radio-shack batteries, but they are similar (same specs, basically, but i use OEM cells, not consumer button-top cells). :)