PDA

View Full Version : Uh oh! I need help!

no1beefcake
03-26-2003, 10:48 PM
Okay, well, I took my Mag apart for the first time last night, in hopes of putting in a nice, chrome Benchmark trigger. Anyway, to make a long story short, I couldn't get the Benchmark trigger to fit, and when I tried to put it back together the old way, I couldn't get it to fit. Now, a spring is popped out of the frame (a tiny, tiny spring) and now I can't get the safety to fit correctly. Can anyone help me out?

Russ
03-26-2003, 11:12 PM
Short of actually reassembling the gun for you, I don't know how to help...

Have you looked at the resources section to get a blow-up diagram of your gun? That way you'll see how everything is supposed to go together.

Good Luck

no1beefcake
03-26-2003, 11:42 PM
I'm not having problems getting the actual main parts of the gun back together, and I have seen the diagrams. what I'm having problems with is the intricate parts of the trigger frame itself. I can't get the stock trigger, pin, and safety back in the gun. What's the tiny spring for?

Paintmanmike
03-27-2003, 12:08 AM
If the "tiny spring" is what I think it is, it was in a hole above the safety rod? If so it presses the detent ball against the safety rod so that it makes a "click" into place when you push it in and out.

I've never had a stock Mag frame but this function is very similar in most markers. The AGD Level manual on-line shows only a dashed set of line above the safety rod where this all goes.

There is either a short rod or ball bearing that's supposed to be the retainer in the hole. Make sure that is not in before you insert the safety pin, then put it in and then the spring. There should be something else to hold the whole thing together. That way when you press the safety it should give a tactile "click" as the detent goes into place.

no1beefcake
03-27-2003, 12:48 AM
Well, I guess I'm screwed. All I had was the little spring, and nothing to hold it it. And now, the screw is gone. Luckily for the beefcake, I just picked up a Benchmark double .45 frame for it.

Paintmanmike
03-28-2003, 06:24 PM
The beef cake get all the luck, and most of the hot chicks:(

Unless of course you have money :D

Enjoy your Benchmark and if you decide to put your fancy chrome trigger in, make sure where all the parts go as you take it apart :rolleyes: