PDA

View Full Version : Stock Mag Barrels

Vex
03-27-2003, 04:41 PM
Does anyone feel that their crown point or RT/Emag barrels are better than other barrels that they've used? Are these barrels aluminum?

Does anyone still use their stock Minimag barrel?

I'd like to get another barrel, but I don't want to spend an arm and a leg on one. I'm thinking about a crown point/RT, or an Xcel. Any info/suggestions?

GhillieGuy
03-27-2003, 09:41 PM
The stock 68 mag barrel isn't the best. I used to still use my minimag barrel but then stoped. The problem with the stock mag barrels is that they dont have any porting in them wich makes them louder and a little less acurate, The stock RT barrel is alright though...:)

hitech
03-28-2003, 02:41 PM
I use the stock emag barrel. A friend of mine swears by the crown point barrel. They are both great barrels. The minimag barrel is just a little to loud for me. :D

dave_p
03-28-2003, 09:02 PM
the stock minimag barrel rocks, plain and simple. its a little loud but the bore anno is so smooth and perfect and the manufacturing quality is first rate. it keeps the gun super small and tight. its also super light. its also tuned to the marker in that tom has done research on bore length and efficiency and determined ideal mag barrels to be between 8 and 11 inches(not including porting). i have a dye too but i use my stock mini exclusively. i actually will soon be ordering another. not to mention it looks great.

Mav D MagMan
03-29-2003, 09:11 PM
I still use my stock minimag barrel! It's not the best but it works very well and I love the "handcannon" comments it draws.

However if strapped for cash it will serve as an excellent standby until you can replace it with something aftermarket (as I am...)

Mav

kenny45749
03-31-2003, 09:33 AM
I absolutely love the stock barrel on my Emag. I got the Emag after having an Evolution with a freak kit, and I am just as dangerous(if not more) with the Emag/stock barrel combo. Not to mention it is small compared to the 14" barrels I used to shoot, so it really aids in keeping my gun tight.

Miscue
03-31-2003, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by GhillieGuy
The stock 68 mag barrel isn't the best. I used to still use my minimag barrel but then stoped. The problem with the stock mag barrels is that they dont have any porting in them wich makes them louder and a little less acurate, The stock RT barrel is alright though...:)

They may be louder, but porting has NOTHING to do with accuracy. A stock barrel is as accurate as any other barrel.

Vex
03-31-2003, 10:47 AM
Cool. Thanks for the replies!

:D

Tunaman
03-31-2003, 05:11 PM
I have a load of Dye Excels in 12" if you want one of those. They shoot great too. Email me...;)