PDA

View Full Version : Low Pressure: How does it work, What does it do?

WarBUCKs
03-27-2003, 04:54 PM
I am looking to get a Low pressure system but I don't really know to much about it.

Is there a website out there that will explain what it does for a gun and how it works?

Any information will be helpfull.

I own an Emag and want to get a Flatline or one of those new Dye Titanium Throttle systems. Any oppinions would be helpfull.

Thanks in advance.

yeahthatsme
03-27-2003, 05:28 PM
neither of the tanks you mentioned are low pressure, they are adustable, theres a difference:D they can go low pressure, but for an emag you need to keep it up around 750-800 psi.

anyways, from those choices I say a flatline, mainly cus the adjustable throttles arent out yet, and becuase they will be vastly over-priced.

askman
03-27-2003, 07:18 PM
emag does not operate at low pressure, and flatliner is a good tank anyway. (you can adjust it to any pressure, but emag like 650 minimum)

low pressure is typically under 250 psi operating pressure. Cockers, when upgraded tend to be low pressure, as is impulse, shocker, matrix, etc. The thought is that lower pressure is easier on the paintball, so less break will happen. basically more gradual acceleration, as compared to quicker acceleration. low pressure, like close bolt system is not cure all. Level x bolt is a great example of good design that prevents chop, even though mags are relatively high pressure markers.

Reo5th
03-27-2003, 07:38 PM
Low pressure isn't always an attempt to get the bolt to pinch paintballs (thats more recocking pressure on a cocker) People make some guns LP to make them more efficent (which doesn't always end up working.)

DiRTyBuNNy
03-27-2003, 07:46 PM
Elves and Dwarves..that's what makes a gun low pressure...

Carbon
03-27-2003, 10:18 PM
As far as i know the main focus of low pressure is maximize effieciency, in Operating pressure over Number of shots. I suppose the byproduct of low pressure is everything else people claim? Softer on paint, quiter, less wear and tear ect.

Some high $ elctroguns use solenoids/air valves that can't handle more that 300 or whatever PSI thoroughput of pressure.

AS far as getting a ne HPA bottle go for a proven name brand. A flatline would be nice, Crossfire, Air America ect..

Kevmaster
03-27-2003, 10:58 PM
hers a little drawing I made.

every marker has this apply. The pressure numbers may be slightly off for the 'mag as it wasnt made for the mag, but the idea is the same
http://www.samuraiforce.net/images/efficiency.gif

Going "LP" is not really possbile though with an Automag

TheJester
03-28-2003, 11:14 AM
low presure isn't more efficent...lower pressure equals higher volume. having said that though, just because something is low pressure doesn't mean it's inefficent, it's all based around how the gun is designed for the efficency. but also what counts for low pressure? cycle/operating pressure, or output? mags have a cycling/operating pressure of like 600, but an output of 375

xen_100
03-28-2003, 12:45 PM
you also have to consider that the ball sees alot less pressure than the operating pressure of the gun.......on a mag it is about 60PSI. most guns are about 60-90 PSI.

Miscue
03-28-2003, 03:27 PM
There is no direct relationship with low/high pressure and efficiency.

You can have a low pressure gun that has bad efficiency.
You can have a high pressure gun that has bad efficiency.

You can have a low pressure gun that has good efficiency.
You can have a high pressure gun that has good efficiency.

Efficiency depends upon the design of the marker.

nuclear zombie
03-28-2003, 03:37 PM
You might also want to look at the new worr gas , if you like the dovetail mount instead of the goofy ring mount that the flatline uses .

http://www.worr.com/worrgas.html