PDA

View Full Version : Palmer Stabalizers

Grayso
03-27-2003, 09:30 PM
Would a stabalizer be good to keep liquid CO2 out of a micromag? Or will a second regulator starve it for air? Could I just turn the stabalizer all the way up, so that all the Co2 goes through the stabalizer, and only the mag regulator regulatates the air? Also, will an intelliframe fit with the stabalizer, or will the trigger gaurd stick out to far?

Quackman71
03-27-2003, 09:39 PM
Why get a reg if your not going to use it to regulate the air....if all you want it to do is keep air out of your mag get an expansion chamber.

Muzikman
03-27-2003, 09:45 PM
A Stabilizer is 100x better than an expansion chamber. And what you want to do will work well. You have a few options with the Stabilizer. First being the male and it should fit with an Intelliframe no problem. The second would be a female which mounts to the bottom of the grip and becomes your ASA. And the third is the sideline which screws into the 1/8" NPT on the A.I.R. vavle. All three work equally as well, I would suggest the Male or Female though as they work better with different guns if you should ever sell the mag or go HPA. I also suggest an Anti-Siphon tank.

FalconGuy016
03-27-2003, 09:47 PM
Stabilzers are awesome and can give you really good consistancy with c02

Carbon
03-27-2003, 09:59 PM
A stabilizer should keep co2 outta yer mag i got my Stabalizer at about 550psi to 600psi. A stab should be better than a X chamber for consistency as well. Remeber that a Palmer Stabilizer has a 2000- 3000 shot break in cycle. Its also helps to have an angled ASA or/and under filled a tank. I use a 20 oz botttle underfilled to 16 oz. In a pinch this will do ubtill you get a HPA setup. As for having an intelliframe, im not sure if it will fit with the stab. althought i dont think fit is an issue. A drop forward may cause some troubles.

Fred
03-27-2003, 10:18 PM
Best. Reg. Ever. (for Co2)

I run a female on my Sterling, and it is consistant +/-3, without an anti-siphon tank...:cool:

Kevmaster
03-27-2003, 10:55 PM
the Stab is hands down the best reg ive ever owned or sold. Ive sold a ton of regs, but none as good as this one. I cant speak highly enough of them. The Male regs are just amazing. They come in nickel or black (and a couple of colors). If you want one, I can beat almost everyone's price on them, PM me

boggerman
03-28-2003, 02:12 AM
The Palmer Stabilizer is a great investment if you will be running co2 for a while. It will clear an i-frame just fine, I have both on my minimag. With an anti-siphon and the stab, my mini shoots perfect.