PDA

View Full Version : Make your Mag RT for only 10 cents

Psybuster
03-27-2003, 09:58 PM
I just finished polishing up my friends mag, too bling now. And I had an idea (shocking!) to make my rof on a mag more than double. So I took some rubber band (the thicker kind of rubber band) wraped it around the top of the trigger to the front of the trigger guard a few times. So when I dry fired the trigger return was almost like a rt. I gassed it up, and just unloaded. I increased my rof by 2x, about 5bps to 10-12bps. I don't know if anyone else came up with this idea, but hey it worked for me.

warpfeedmod
03-28-2003, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Psybuster
I just finished polishing up my friends mag, too bling now. And I had an idea (shocking!) to make my rof on a mag more than double. So I took some rubber band (the thicker kind of rubber band) wraped it around the top of the trigger to the front of the trigger guard a few times. So when I dry fired the trigger return was almost like a rt. I gassed it up, and just unloaded. I increased my rof by 2x, about 5bps to 10-12bps. I don't know if anyone else came up with this idea, but hey it worked for me.

got any pics? sounds interesting :p

xen_100
03-28-2003, 12:52 PM
I get 8-9 BPS on a classic single trigger already........and that sounds like it wold make the trigger pull alot harder. you will be pulling against the normal trigger resistance and the rubberbands. in a real RT, the trigger pull not harder, but it kicks back. yours sounds very ghetto too.

Brak
03-28-2003, 02:26 PM
good idea, but in turn for the "responsiveness" you get 2x the trigger pull in addition to 2x the bps. ghetto RT

Psybuster
03-28-2003, 05:55 PM
i don't find the trigger pull to be that bad..you can adjust it obviously by wraping or unwraping the rubberband each time. Yes it's very ghetto, but it's a good way to increase rof without spending a bunch of cash. For me i see the best result with autocockers, i think this method would only be affective with 2x trigger frames.

drx975
03-28-2003, 09:16 PM
Psy if that works for you thats great and everything, but I can tell everyone else from my experience with or "learning" the mag trigger, my firing pattern works just like the rubber band does, without the rubber band. Basically, I pull the trigger hard and fast, then I quickly snap my finger back as fast as possible--its an instinctive reflex trick I developed, and I got around 8bps on a stock frame (with my intelliframe I can get an easy 9-10bps)