PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on uprising/centerflag electro cocker grips?

Mossman
03-27-2003, 10:08 PM
Hey guys. I'm looking in to the possibility of picking up an uprising framed cocker. Its a 2k1 black magic, with centerflag reg, clamping feed neck, probably all stock besides that.
I'm not expecting race or eblade like quality or speed, but I was wondering what I can expect from people who have shot them. Do they use 2 seperate solenoids, 1 to trip the sear and one to pull the 3 way shaft back and forth?

Has anybody got anything they think I should know? Ive never shot a hyperframe or uprising, and i don't know of anyone with one i could try. I'm sure I wont mind the feel of it, I'm worried more about trigger feel and possibly speed, considering it's closed bolt and both the hammer and 3 way seem to be controlled mechanically (No eway up front.)

The price is about 600 bucks by the way. Fine...pics :)
http://209.6.170.71:3000/uprising/TEMP0010.jpg

hitech
03-28-2003, 01:54 PM
Assumeing that is the hyperframe for the autococker I have that board in my hyperframe for my 'mag. I just got it so I don't know much about it. However, I believe it is a single solenoid operation. There are three settings to control timing. I don't know what they do yet, but I'll update this when I get the instructions. Assuming they use the same switch it is a little stiff by electro standards, but I think it light. The switch is easily replaced. It uses the same switch as the intelliframe. Someone on here has instructions for lighting the pull.

Sounds like it's worth it to me, but I don't know much about cockers.

kevdupuis
03-28-2003, 04:22 PM
I've run an Uprising frame on my cocker for over a year now and have not had any problems with it. It uses a single solenoid to operate the sear and 4 way.
That marker looks identical to the one that Centerflag has on the cover of the Uprising manual, right to the feed neck.
This is a pic of mine.

http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/kevdupuis/Cocker001.jpg

Mossman
03-28-2003, 04:30 PM
Yep, this gun was bought from a centerflag tech. Muhahhah, im gonna enjoy it I think :)

hitech
03-28-2003, 04:30 PM
You don't happen to have the manual in electronic format, do you? Any chance you could email/pm me with the instructions for the service modes?

kevdupuis
03-28-2003, 06:07 PM
I pm'd you back. If it doesn't work I'm posting it here also.

http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/kevdupuis/manual.jpg

Catch22
03-28-2003, 07:51 PM
Yeah it does rock. My friend has one and I also have a good newspaperarticle about the frame that is like 3 pages long. But seriously 600 and you have to send it to them for the install? i am actually currently working on one of these and so far it's only costed me about 95 dollars. It's probably going to end up at somewhere near 120-130. I am definetly NOT flaming this product I highly suggest it because it Does work really well. Just saying that is a little expensive.

hitech
03-28-2003, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Catch22
But seriously 600 and you have to send it to them for the install?...Just saying that is a little expensive.

I think the $600 was for the entire marker.

Pstan
03-28-2003, 11:15 PM
I actually called Centerflag the other day with a question or two concerning a Hyperframe for another gun, but asked about the Cocker frame. The guy I talked to said that some design changes are in the works for the Cocker frame and that the frame will be reduced in price to be quite a bit under the Eblade price from what I remember. He also said that it's a customer install now.........you dont have to send your marker in. If all that is true.........and that's a big IF........I just may get one.

P

Catch22
03-29-2003, 12:25 AM
yeah that probably was for the marker but I have a paintball news newpaper showing the frame with an MSRP of $500 - $550

Mossman
03-29-2003, 01:32 AM
I'm getting the full gun pictured above for around 600.
I'm picking it up at 3:30 tomorrow, expect a detailed report.

"woot"