PDA

View Full Version : AM-Illusion: Poppa gotta brand new toy!

Jack & Coke
03-28-2003, 02:03 AM
Well... I'm not a poppa just yet (3 more weeks!:)http://www.automags.org/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif)

In the mean time...

Woo hoo this marker is TOP notch quality.

It almost feels like a Carter.

It's solid and well built.

I just love the different feeding options I have available.

I picked it up here: http://www.stockclasspaintball.com/store/actionmarkersm.shtml

I can't wait until my new baby grows up and we can play father/son paintball! :)

Jack & Coke
03-28-2003, 02:04 AM
:cool:

joeyjoe367
03-28-2003, 03:44 AM
Lookin' sweet. I wanted to convert a stock-class phantom to 'cocker threads, but turns out that it's too much work.

this takes 'cocker barrels, right? I'm just assuming since it's basically a sniper2...

Muzikman
03-28-2003, 07:15 AM
Well, it does use cocker threads, but it is not the same as a Sniper II.

Fred
03-28-2003, 10:23 AM
it never ceases to amaze me Muzik:
how so many people just jump onto the "its a sniper clone!" bandwagon...

Come on kiddies, do 30 seconds of research, there are at least 3 seperate threads on AO talking about this superb new addition to the pump-marker world.

I like em! not as much as my phantom or sterling, but they're top notch!

Nice setup!

---Fred

Mossman
03-28-2003, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Fred

Come on kiddies, do 30 seconds of research, there are at least 3 seperate threads on AO talking about this superb new addition to the pump-marker world.

---Fred

Fred I never thought it was a sniper/cocker clone, but that's just cuz I've never stopped to look carefully at a pic of one or think about how they work.

Now i have no idea how the sear mechanism works, but from looking at that pic, it really does seem to be a sniper.

Back block linked with a rod going the whole length of the body....Seems to be a cocking rod that the back block pulls back. There are only so many different ways you can go from there, and at least from the outside, it looks to me like they went the sniper route :)

SlipknotX556
03-28-2003, 12:51 PM
Very nice J&C.

WARPED1
03-28-2003, 01:49 PM
Nice gun, but I'm sure it is a Sniper clone.

Halliday
03-28-2003, 03:18 PM
1) The link is not working.
2) I like it a lot, Sniper clone or not!

WARPED1
03-28-2003, 03:53 PM
Yes, it is a very nice marker.

Prezents
03-28-2003, 04:59 PM
On the out side it may look like a clone, but not on the inside...
Here is my Illusion
http://lewistown.net/~prezents/miss/illusion1.jpg

Scooter/Cootie
03-28-2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Prezents
On the out side it may look like a clone, but not on the inside...
Here is my Illusion

AHHHH!!! The clones are multiplying! :eek: :D :p

Nice looking pump guys! :cool:

WARPED1
03-28-2003, 05:31 PM
Bud would sue............

Jack & Coke
03-28-2003, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by WARPED1
Bud would sue............

From Crash STP (who has been VERY involved with the design, testing, and updating the AM-Illusion from the start):

Crash STP Wrote:

I sat down at shatnerball with one of Bud's people and tore it apart and showed them the differences.

The biggest thing is they are using a design they copied from a sheridan design.

The major differences are:

velocity adjustment thru the valve dwell
no lug to adjust
dual pump rods
less parts overall
the dimensions and specs are different also

WARPED1
03-28-2003, 06:34 PM
Bout time someone booted Bud in the butt!

Tack
03-28-2003, 07:47 PM
They are very nice pumps. I bought one at Shatnerball during the Pump challenge. Just bought a new barrel kit for it to make it shoot even better. There are some small things I personally would change, but all in all they are very solid markers.

Blazestorm
03-29-2003, 06:12 AM
Oh man that's so sweet... might have convinced me to get that cash and buy one :)

I sold my flatline for 150 and my uprising for 250... should be able to afford one and some 12 grams (I already have some tubes)

Vern1
04-07-2003, 05:54 AM
Greetings,
After getting one for myself and playing with it a few dozen times, my son got one too.
I am still amazed with this marker.
I am running it like this:
Vert feed with a X-Board revy - NOT FOR THE SPEED, just for the sure feeding of a ball.
We have SC feeds for both of them, but since we play mostly speedball, we use the vert feed most of the time.
Palmer stab in the ASA with a 47/3000 tank on a Shocktech short drop with on/off.
I use various CP barrels for good paint match.
With this combination, I dial it in at about 296 and shoot plus or minus an amazing 1 FPS.
Accuracy is possibly the best of any marker I have ever shot including dozens of Phantoms.
With a 12 gram and SC feed, it is pretty light and has very good shot count from a 12 gram.
These guys did their homework and created a very good marker.

ogre55
04-07-2003, 09:10 AM
I have been a die hard phantom zealot for almost a decade but the Illusion has caused me to have doubt. Velocity adjusted by a screw in the pump handle, and the smoothest pump stroke I have ever felt.

And for all of you screaming Sniper Clone, the Sniper is itself an improvement on the Sheridan line of markers like the PGP and the PMI-1. Those markers also use a rod on the front pump handle to move the bolt back.

Ogre

RRfireblade
04-07-2003, 04:34 PM
I've been looking at that same setup from SCP myself.I'd like to hear your impressions when you get it.

They look real sweet,for a "Sheridan" clone.:D

Jay