PDA

View Full Version : E-Mag Board Buttons!

Jonesie
03-28-2003, 10:27 AM
Well now, I've managed to screw up my brand new E-Mag ALREADY!

After cleaning it, I was putting the board back in the grip. Well, little did I know that the buttons on the board (used for the interface buttons on the back of the frame) actually stick out a bit. What I speak of is circled in red below.
http://www.jonesie.com/images/other/board.jpg

Unless the plastic buttons (shown below) are seated ALL THE WAY into their holes in the frame, they can bend the buttons 90*, evenutally snapping them off.
http://store.airgun.com/agdprod/images/parts/extender_xlg_med.jpg

Well, needless to say that I wouldn't be posting this if it hadn't happened to my board. :mad: I was careful with it, I'm not an idiot. I just paid $1100 for this thing, and now I can't adjust the settings! I COULD buy a new board, to the tune of $200, but that's unbearable!

Question: I bought the mag from Tuna in Feb. He assembled it, it wasn't purchased assembled by AGD. Is it covered under the 90-day warranty? I'm going to CC this to Tuna...

Later ~ Dave

Brak
03-28-2003, 10:42 AM
ouch, that really sucks. why were you cleaning your board in the first place?

Jonesie
03-28-2003, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Brak
ouch, that really sucks. why were you cleaning your board in the first place?

I wasn't cleaning the board, I was cleaning the frame, and I had to remove the board so as not to moisten it. :)

This Still Sucks ~ Dave

pito189
03-28-2003, 11:21 AM
What settings do you need to adjust? :confused: . The only time I ever look at my LED is when I'm curious on my total shoot count.

warpfeedmod
03-28-2003, 11:30 AM
I had the exact same thing happen to me a while back. Snapped off the top microswitch. I sent it into AGD to repair (of course mine wasn't a tunamag) but it only cost me shipping. AGD was real good about it. I did it while trying to fix my safety, I think I knocked the screw loose while trying to get the safety out. I opened up the frame because I reassembled everything and it wouldn't work..sure enough when i looked the top switch popped off..

Jonesie
03-28-2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by pito189
What settings do you need to adjust? :confused: . The only time I ever look at my LED is when I'm curious on my total shoot count.

Really, I don't. BUT I did pay a large amount of money for it, so I want it to work completely! :)

Thanks ~ Dave

pito189
03-28-2003, 12:53 PM
Ahh, I guess that is an acceptable reason.

joez
03-28-2003, 04:41 PM
what if your buttons just quit working? mine just up and stopped working for the guy i bought the parts from. i can open up the frame and use the top button, but that is all. its not a big deal, i just have to estimate my shot counter.

BlackVCG
03-28-2003, 05:01 PM
Yes, this is something that commonly happens when the board is being put back into the frame. It's just something you need to know to look out for.

I can replace the white buttons, but I don't have any of them with me. If you can find a place that you can order the entire button assembly (pretty sure you can't just get the white buttons) from, I can replace them for you. The button assembly should be about $2-3 each or less.

darklord
03-28-2003, 06:01 PM
Send it to Black, he fixed my e-mag and did an awesome job, no charges, either.

Russ
03-28-2003, 08:12 PM
I would just like to throw my 2 cents in here...

I've had my E-Mag for almost 2 years, It has over 47,000 shots on it. I have gotten it nasty-dirty, wet, and paint goo'd. I have never removed the board.

My advice? Call AGD, & have 'em fix it. Black may be able to help you out as well, and leave the board in the frame! :)

50 cal
03-30-2003, 03:26 PM
I made the same boo-boo when I had my E mag annoed. I sent the board in and had it fixed for very little.

Thanks AGD, you guys are the cat's meow!!:D :D :D

gimp
03-31-2003, 01:02 AM
On a similar note, I fried my warp feed board and AGD fixed it free of charge for me. I was so happy :D

You just reminded me that I need to send in my board to get upgraded. It's old, and the total shot counter resets all the time. So I have no clue how much paint I've put through it.