PDA

View Full Version : Standard mag question

behemoth
03-28-2003, 04:04 PM
My friend is thinking of getting into paintball, but he hates the idea of hoppers and tanks, and having the gun higher than the stock....so i told him about the old mags with the asa on the back of the body rail...so i was wondering...can you mount a duckbill ASA on the body rail to make it more of a m-16 feeling

cheetah256
03-28-2003, 04:12 PM
yes, actually, most older rails even have the holes drilled and tapped for it : )

lopxtc
03-28-2003, 04:36 PM
I know on my old body rail from way back when ... 93-94 the screw holes for the back bottle adapter were much closer together then what the screw holes for a bottom line are today ...

That may have changed recently, but I am not sure.

Aaron

Evil Bob
03-28-2003, 04:54 PM
The only problem with making it "more M16 like" is the mask clearance when putting your check to the stock. There is a good reason why the entire paintball industry migrated away from that type of stock, your mask would get in the way when you attempted to sight down the barrel.

I'm betting that if you point this fact out to him, he will change his opinion, it's a safty issue more then anything. Less risk of knocking your mask off shouldering the marker with the HPA bottle lowered like it is today.

-Evil Bob