PDA

View Full Version : max-flo or flatline?

TheJester
03-29-2003, 10:50 AM
i realize i'm asking a stupid question here on AO that's run by AGD, but i'm aiming at getting a 4500 tank cause my feild will be able to fill up to 4500 soon. so what do you like better, the flatline, or a max-flo?

my question about the max-flo isn't it double regulated (i think i read that some where, not sure though), so wouldn't that be tripled if you put it on a mag, and triple regulating is usually discouraged.

ChucktheMAGician
03-29-2003, 11:30 AM
Between the 2 I'd pick the Flatline. I like Max-flo's but not how they look! Centerflags are good to because their on/off bleeds the excess air out, but mounting them isn't as convenient. I'm pretty sure that the Max isn't double reg. I always wondered about using them on mags because they don't recommend using another reg after them.

DiRTyBuNNy
03-29-2003, 11:34 AM
My first question to you is going to be, what marker are you going to be hooking this new air system up to? That will ultimately determine which system is going to be the best for you...

TheJester
03-29-2003, 11:44 AM
dirtbunny- i'll be hooking it up to my minimag RT (x-valve), it is some overkill, yes i know that, i could get by with just getting a 4500 crossfire preset. but i would like the luxury of adjustable and the on/off.

i forgot to put an "other" option up there on the poll, so if you have another suggestion, please state so

Xen
03-29-2003, 01:48 PM
well the advantage of the maxflo is you can change the springs and make it a LP tank easy.... id get what ever is cheaper.

magman007
03-29-2003, 06:59 PM
now me, i would wait for a new maxflo, the really tiney regged ones, or i would go ahead and get the flatline. The flatline is much like a mag valve, and of course that cant be bad now can it?

RetroEclipseMan
03-29-2003, 07:12 PM
I would get whatever you can get the best deal on really. I got the new style maxflow for a few reasons. First I got a really good deal on one, I couldn't seem to finda used 68/4500 flatline for a decent price, and I like the fact that I can make it HP or LP by just changing a spring.

If I would have had the chance to get a flatline I totally would have just for the fact I love AGD's customer service. Some people have had good luck with Smart Parts but I know I haven't. I called them up to get the output pressure knob screw and could barely get any info out of them not to mention they wanted to charge me $5 for about a 50 cent screw.

So it'll come down to what you really want. Both tanks are pretty reliable and consistant as long as they're maintained so really it's just between what you need it for and the price you wanna spend.

Riotz
03-29-2003, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by DiRTyBuNNy
~~Member of the "Choked by Riotz on Camera" fan club~~

someone informed me of this last night, that's pretty funny. hehe

Oh yea, Flatline man. :D

DiRTyBuNNy
03-30-2003, 12:13 AM
Riotz~ i've got proof in the friendly forum...all fun and games...

And as far as just having the Flatline on a RT'd MiniMag...what do you think I'm doing with my Flatline...hooking it up to an X-Valve'd MiniMag..it's not overkill..it's all about having the ability to adjust your output pressure to tune your reactivity..that's what it's all about..

Ultimator
04-24-2003, 09:26 AM
Go with the flo ;)

I guess I'm the only one here who prefers the Max-Flo look over the Flatline. Both will perform about the same, though.

And no, the Max-Flo is not a double reg system.

mykroft
04-24-2003, 09:40 AM
The Max-Flo is a dual stage reg. As consistent as a dual reg setup, but it flows better, since there aren't any flow restrictions between the regs. It is also NOT convertible by spring between the HP and LP versions, the internals are different. What it has are HP and LP springs for the HP reg, the springs are optimized for use in semi-LP or HP applications.

It's also the best darned tank on the market. The Flatline is a nice tank, if you have another reg on the gun. The 'Flo can be used either way just fine. It will not starve an RT (I speak from experience), but can also single-reg a Cocker or Angel (Need LP version for Impy, Matrix of Shocker). The only other tank on the market I'd trust for single reg'ing is the Armageddon, and it's slightly less consistant.

TheJester
04-24-2003, 09:51 AM
thanks mykroft, this thread was kinda brought up from the past, but the dual stage is what I must have been thinking of. When i posted this, i was in hopes of getting a new tank soon, those plans have been delayed slightly though:(

sneakyhacker420
04-24-2003, 02:20 PM
if its going on a mag, DEFINITELY get the flatline

Mr. Hick
04-26-2003, 03:42 PM
I'm thinking Nitroduck mega reg... yep, cheap, good, REALLY tough.

scud2519
04-26-2003, 03:48 PM
nitro duck mega reg or x stream

YourMasterJulian
04-26-2003, 10:34 PM
THE MAXFLOW IS NOT DUAL REGULATED! You are on crack if you think it is. I own one, it is not. The only reason the reg looks so big is because of the enormously oversized on off valve. As for performance, i would immagine both perform about the same.

NOT DUAL REGULATED

tye92
04-27-2003, 12:39 AM
I have a centerflag adjustable hyperflow reg. on my tank and love it, awesome flow very very satisfied with it. I too agree with dirty bunny it's definitely not overkill (adjustable reg.) it's for the reactivity fine tuning and i too am doing the same with my minimag, x-valve setup. I haven't used the maxflo, but my brother-in-law uses a flatline and likes it, and did i mention i love my centerflag?? Just my .02, i dont think you'll be dissatisfied with either.

TheJester
04-27-2003, 09:14 AM
hey, YourMasterJulian, we alread established that it's not dual regulated, but it has a dual stage regulator.