PDA

View Full Version : a "sdl" automag

brett
03-29-2003, 08:29 PM
I want to build a automag that is really light from the slug body and send it in to either k&p or g3pb to be milled. Now I was wondering what the maximum amount of metal i could take off before it would become to weak. I was thinkin just leaving 2-3mm on the outside and dont really care if it has "looks" I just want it to be light. The rail would be milled also with the body to make it lighter and look better with the body, I was thinkin the omega but If you guys have any suggestions i'm open to them.

o yeah it will be annoe'd all black by crazyivan(the best annodizer imo)

The specs
-slug body
-? rail
-x-valve
-i-frame
-? foregrip
-? dropforward
-flatline 88 4500
-halo b
-scepter barrel kit

brett
03-30-2003, 11:47 AM
doesnt anyone know what the maximum amount of metal i can take off is??

Brak
03-30-2003, 11:47 AM
if you want to mill your body for the purpose of making it lighter, dont bother, wait a few weeks for the ULE (ultra light engineering) bodies you come out, which are made by AGD, and are the lightest bodies available for mags. if you are looking to mill for cosmetics, look here on the forum. you dont need to have it custom milled, there are businesses that posted their designs here that look really nice.

the omega rail is really nice, i would go with that too, contact tunaman for one

brett
03-30-2003, 11:56 AM
Yeah I been gone for a while and havent heard much on the ule. If that is going to be so light I might as well wait:D
Thanks!