PDA

View Full Version : Played paintball today!

Brak
03-29-2003, 08:48 PM
today was the first time ive played paintball since november, and i am rusty! First game we won, i played well, but i got out on a hopper shot, and my last player, a newbie, pulled in on the clutch in a 1v1 and took out their last player. second game i got ambushed by the best (I think hes the second best, me being the best) and he got EVERYONE on my team out! it was basically because he can shoot fast and be quiet when moving. im more loud and aggressive (they call it ballzy) , as i can shoot fast too. but not being quiet doesn't fly too well in the woods. third game it was my good friend who everyone thinks is the best and someone else against another few people, and it was a massacre.

it was a great day, i had a lot of fun, but my best friend, who is better than me (in the woods, i believe my aggressive mentality would destroy him on the speedball fields) is getting on my nerves! he is just so friggin good, while i always settle for second best! and it aint the gun, seeing how i have an RT with nitro and he has an AMG (which is very nice, you spyder haters). i could use some woods tips, and playing tips in general (im going to start playing speedball tourneys soon)

rehme
03-29-2003, 10:59 PM
yeah when ever i play with my friends at the woods they think iam the best but i admit that i suck because it is woods but if i catch them at speedball they would see another player

gamarada717
03-30-2003, 02:14 AM
Woods is basically all that I play. Although I am slowly finding my self at my local field more and more often. First off, I don't care what anybody says, you need camo. You need to be quiet too. It's all stealth in woods I think. Where I play, being able to run around someone without being seen is real important. Just remember to always have an escape route. If you get pinned, it's basically the end. Uhhh...and one shot will give away your position. Make sure you have a good shot that will most likely hit the other person before you shoot. My rule is to always have a new spot to move to, and that wins games for me. Because half of our bunkers in the woods are trees, it's easy to get a good angle on someone. Hope that helps.

ChucktheMAGician
03-30-2003, 02:48 AM
One of the best tips that I've seen and used for being quiet in the woods is to wait until people are shooting to move. Not shooting at you of course but just shooting in general so that it helps hide the sound of you breaking twigs and stepping on dry leaves. Camo helps to but so do darker colors and being still. Sometimes people can't really see you until you move so even if you are exposed a little lay still and it's hard for them to make you out. This is assuming that the woods you play in aren't to bright. I also like to try to follow the border around and get behind the opposing team. They are less likely to shoot at you if you are behind them. Of course this is assuming that you are playing w/ a big group where everyone doesn't really know everyone else. Hope that helped, my assumptions were basically things that work for me where I play but I don't think they would work everywhere and everytime :)