PDA

View Full Version : Was anyone at the PanAm-Los Angeles today?

DiRTyBuNNy
03-29-2003, 11:19 PM
I was down at (or would that be up at since I'm coming from San Diego) the PanAm-Los Angeles tournament today. It looked like Timmy, Cocker and Angelville...very small amount of mags representing (wait till Team AO SoCal is ready for one of these). I spent the day with Jeff from PaintballDaddy.com (AKA AGD-West Coast and Dittos Paintball) helping spread the gospel of the mag to the unwashed masses. It was nice watching people just gazing at the X-Mag wondering what the heck it was although there were more than a few people who had seen it in the magazines and were getting their first look at it up close. We actually went through 2 Scuba tanks just letting passers by shoot the X a few times. Jeff's X actually was over 15k shots by the time I left at about 4:30.

I did see a couple of other cool thinks. I picked a tank cover from a company called Kalibur. They were at World Cup last year and can be found at www.kaliburtech.com (the website doesn't seem to be up yet but that is the one that's listed on the info sheet that i took from the booth...I'll get a picture up in a little bit.) The cool think about their tank covers is that they're made from a PVC platisol that in their words "creates a water tight bond between the tank and the cover." You may have seen these covers before as they are the same cover that most people thought was photoshopped onto the new MaxFlo in the picture of the New Shocker. The nicest thing about them is that because they are transparent you can see the hydro date with the cover on, and these babies fit super tight so you'll never have to worry about it coming off. The butt end is a nice rubbery plastic kind of like the WDP Skinz but with out the "bumps"

Another thing that kind of annoyed me was that i went and purchased a new 14" CP barrel for my new MiniMag. The problem is that CP has gone to a new smooth milling style that I think is a hure improvement over their old barrels and they include a jewel with the bore size of the barrel instead of the old laser engraving. I asked if they had any 14"'s for mag and the guy said yes. So he pulls out the old style barrel and I asked if he any of the new style of milling for the barrel (trivial..I know..but if i'm going to spend the money I might as well get what i want) and he said that they didn't and they did not plan on starting it anytime soon because they can't even get rid of the mag barrels they have already..oh well..i bought the old style knowing most of the part that is different about the new barrels is hidden behind the minimag shroud.

I didn't actually get to watch much paintball. I was spending a lot of time in Jeff's booth talking to people explaining all the features of the X-Mag and Mags in general. It was nice and I would love to be able to setup an AO Day SoCal and hopefully have Tom come out in the future. Thanks all and i'll talk to you later.

DiRTyBuNNy
03-29-2003, 11:53 PM
here's a picture of my Flatline with the Kaliburtech Dura-Sleeve on it (and by the way, if any happens to go to the PanAm tomorrow can you pick up a business card from the Kalibur rep, I didn't happen to grab one and I wanted to call and ask him something.)

pbzmag
03-30-2003, 12:18 AM
I was planning on coming out today but ran into overtime at the tax preparer. It was already 3:30 when I left and decided not to go. I would have taken me 45min to get to SCVillage. I was out there yesterday for alittle while after taking the first A+ test. Took me ten minutes to finish and pass it. The questions were to darn hard.. I mean easy. I didn't stay that long. The only mfg that was open was Dye. Jeff and two other stores were there too. Said hi to Jeff and left alittle while after that. I also didn't see any mags, but quite a few GZ Timmy's. How was the wind today? Yesterday was hell. Jeff told me that they took down a tent because of the high winds.

DiRTyBuNNy
03-30-2003, 02:59 AM
it was really dusty today..but the wind was nowhere near as bad as yesterday..JUST 30mph gusts..hahahha..my dye shoes are now a little brown because of all the dust..oh well...

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
03-31-2003, 02:29 AM
I was there yesterday Dirty...I played with Jeff's X-mag for a bit =X

DiRTyBuNNy
03-31-2003, 02:56 AM
Well..if you saw a guy with a red hoodie hanging out in Jeff's booth on Saturday that was me...