PDA

View Full Version : Which of these 3 guns should i get???

RushA
03-30-2003, 01:23 AM
I hate yet love getting a new paintball gun, its good to get a new one but its so hard to decide on another one, It is between a LCD Matrix/ Blue Fly Angel IR3/ and a Dye Autococker with an e-blade frame on it. so if you guys could give me your opinions and info on the guns it would be highly appreciated, the more the merrier.

Thx

askman
03-30-2003, 01:33 AM
I had LED matrix with bolt kit and reg. It was very nicely firing marker. bit of airhog, and a lot of O rings to take care of. quiet and accurate. relatively fast shooting.

Angel overall is nice marker. robust and battle tested.

Like eblade/race frame cocker. (I like full mechanical cockers better, but I am old fashioned. have complete custom cocker, as well as blazer). eblade is bit of battery hog, but people who have them, love them. Dye cockers are very light, if that is a factor.

Frankly, all are excellent markers. I would check freeflow for both matrix and cockers as well. overall, try them all, and find one that fits you the best.

Teen
03-30-2003, 10:49 AM
The Angel, always go with the angel. They are the best of the best. In case your wondering i don't have an angel so im not saying that just because i have an angel. Trust me the angel is the best,1. i pulled the trigger one time of this guys angel, and i tought the safe was on, thats how short the trigger pull is 2. they're the most technologically advanced gun in paintball 3.in the accuracy test at paintballstar.com out of 30 paintball from 25 yards away it hit everytime, out of the 30 paintball from the 40 yard shots it only missed one. thats unbelievable compared to the other guns that they reviewed on there.

BobTheCow
03-30-2003, 10:56 AM
I'd probably go w/ the dye cocker e-blade, and NOT because I'm one of those "buy-dye-because-it's-dye" people (I'm NOT). However, I haven't had the chance to use ANY of these guns :( ... try 'em out if you can, see what you like.

sniper1rfa
03-30-2003, 10:58 AM
wow. can you say "fallen to the hype"?

personally, i have played with angels, though ive never owned one (getting one in a couple weeks, though..) and i wasnt impressed. its nice, yes, and i really like the IR3's frame, but it aint the best of the best.

(all previous statements directed at teen).

I would say its a toss-up between the angel and the cocker. i think i would go cocker, just cause i like fiddling with stuff. :)

TheJester
03-30-2003, 10:59 AM
i hear the dye cockers aren't actually all that great, every 1 i know what has shooten 1 says they wish they performed as well as they looked

i would go w/ a fly angle

FlagCarrier
03-30-2003, 11:32 AM
yeah, dye cockers come with pretty crappy internals. i would go with the matrix.

darklord
03-30-2003, 11:37 AM
Matrix, baby!

Well, it depends on what you want in a gun. The matrix and cocker are more back-player guns. I think the DYE cocker and eblade would be on the expensive side, but it would be a pretty nice gun.

I'd say the matrix. Quiet, accurate, high rate of fire... the only thing you have to really worry about is keeping the o-rings lubed, and that you have quick access to air, as they are somewhat of a gas hog (maybe not so much after efficiency mods).

brett
03-30-2003, 11:44 AM
If you can you should get a WORKS e-blade. It will have better performance than the dye and you have lifetime waranty with free upgrades.(when works comes out with diff parts)

Reo5th
03-30-2003, 11:46 AM
I'm not a fan of the eblade at all. IR3s own. I know you'll make the right decision. ;)

Hunter
03-30-2003, 11:59 AM
go with the angle you will be very happy!

rehme
03-30-2003, 12:34 PM
i like the matrix or the cocker but i am not a big fan of the Eblades i kinda like the races a bit more. the matrix is preatty sweet after you get the trinity reg and the bolt kit on it and it wont be much of a gas hog. i really dont care for angels my experience witht them has been to short of distance and not vary accurate but that is what it seemed like

Ryknow
03-30-2003, 12:50 PM
first off you should play with all three first. I recently shot a friend's e-balde that just got back from Eclipse. The trigger pull rocks but has bounce because the marker kicks so much. Also the first day he had the frame it broke, doesnt show much for WGP or Ecipse.

Now onto Angels. Yes they are nice guns, yes they are fast, yes they are heavy, yes they are huge. I have played with several angels and even owned 2 or 3. They are not as bad maintenace (sp?) hogs as the e-blade would be, but are not as good as some other electros. I would take an impulse/e-mag/x-mag/new shocker over one ANY day.

Matrixes are nice markers, bit of an air hog though. My friend recently got a LCD Matrix and the efficiancy mods for it. Gets ok efficiancy now. But it is a very fast marker, very quiet. His is heavy as hell though because of his 68/45 AIR bottle on it.

My suggestion out of all these is none of them. Get a GZ, Shocktech or 2k3 Intimidator. Get a WAS Board, Clamshell frame, CP volumiser, and a nice barrel kit. You wont be upset. INSANELY FAST, accurate, light, looks good, and are way cheaper than any Angel/Matrix/E-bladed cocker. And all this junk about one marker being more accurate than another is poo. Its all paint to bore matchup. Another good option is a tricked impy. Good guns, there is just something about them I dont like. I guarantee you this, if you bust up in your local shop with a WAS boared clamshell framed Timmy, people are gonna poop a brick it will be so fast. Also the WAS board eye cans see black halves of paint.

Ok I'm done writing my novel, if you were to lazy to read all of it heres what I said:

Intimidator
WAS Board
Clamshell frame
CP Volumiser
Nice barrel kit

~Tyler

Mango
03-30-2003, 01:30 PM
neither! get an x-mag and be happy. :p

Kevmaster
03-30-2003, 01:52 PM
dont ever buy a marker without testing one first. I personally like my Xmag. I love it. Its a great gun, but ive got a teammate who owns an old LED angel and wouldnt trade me if i wanted to. he likes his ngel. is his angel better? no. is my xmag better? no. Its all about personal preference when you are talking $500+. You wont see a drastic difference between preformance of any of those markers, otherwise everybody would own the one thats far superior.

WARPED1
03-30-2003, 02:05 PM
Angel since E/X Mag wasn't on the list.

Quiet
03-30-2003, 03:06 PM
My 2 cents

I'd go angel: fast, reliable, nice to look at, good warantee.

My take on the other two:
Dye - bad idea: I like cockers, I hate the electro-cockers, they were not designed to be fired at such high rates of fire, they were originally pumps, they can pull it off because they are well built but it will lead to more maintenance

Matrix - runner up: they definately need the efficiency mods, I do kinda like them

Angry Man
03-30-2003, 10:45 PM
:D

Reo5th
03-30-2003, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Ryknow
Now onto Angels. Yes they are nice guns, yes they are fast, yes they are heavy, yes they are huge.

Tyler buddy, you need to take a trip to the gym. Ever held an E-Mag? :p Angels are nice and light. The new 2k3 LCD angels are even light because they have the smaller (and slightly more efficent) IR3 internals, which allows the body to be carved some more.

Angels are great. I have no issues with the 'weight' of the marker...i think it balances in my hands beautifully.

*sorry about the above post, angry man was logged in at my house beforehand*

paintbattler
03-30-2003, 10:46 PM
matrix or angel in my opinion cockers are hard to maintain

Ov3rmind
03-30-2003, 10:54 PM
So many of the comments in this thread made me want to cry. How many of you have actually owned/shot these guns and aren't just passing around stuff you heard on the net?

My personal suggestion would be to try out all of them if you can. No one can decide what gun is best for you.

The Angel, always go with the angel. They are the best of the best. In case your wondering i don't have an angel so im not saying that just because i have an angel. Trust me the angel is the best,1. i pulled the trigger one time of this guys angel, and i tought the safe was on, thats how short the trigger pull is 2. they're the most technologically advanced gun in paintball 3.in the accuracy test at paintballstar.com out of 30 paintball from 25 yards away it hit everytime, out of the 30 paintball from the 40 yard shots it only missed one. thats unbelievable compared to the other guns that they reviewed on there.
That had to be one of the funniest posts I've ever read in my life. I love Angel's, I really do. But man, that post was pretty funny. :)

askman
03-31-2003, 01:32 AM
I agree that some of these posts are starting to be funny. I am an airsmith, so I had access to or owned many markers. Presently in I own, over 20 markers, emag, microemag,dark angel, blazer, cockers amongst them. I use the cocker/blazer and emag the most. Basically, all highend markers tend to be very nice. I use freak with different back.(excep for the blazer, which have great barrel) Mostly, it becomes personal preferrence and playing style. My recommendation for first marker is stock mag(classic or rt) or cocker. they are great out of box, and will allow you to play rec ball in fine style, and try your hand at tourney. and they can be upgraded to be competitive even at tourney. I tell people to use the money on paint and field time. I've seen so many people buy high end marker, and have to be miserly with paint. (irony at its finest)

Misconceptions: Cockers are not that hard to time/set up. no worse than Level X bolt. if you go low pressure, I would recommand pressure guague on a cocker, but that is about it. Anybody who says otherwise does not know what they are talking about. I can teach anybody to time a cocker in 10 minutes, and really, on a stock cocker, if you don't mess with it, it does not go out of time anyway.

Reo5th
03-31-2003, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by askman
Misconceptions: Cockers are not that hard to time/set up. no worse than Level X bolt. if you go low pressure, I would recommand pressure guague on a cocker, but that is about it. Anybody who says otherwise does not know what they are talking about. I can teach anybody to time a cocker in 10 minutes, and really, on a stock cocker, if you don't mess with it, it does not go out of time anyway.

Thank you.

magzown3
03-31-2003, 03:14 PM
I shot a friend's ANS Genx-3 cocker w/ eblade and it was very fast and accurate. This would be a great pick but like said above, quite expensive, especially with a dye cocker.

I have heard GREAT things about the matrix although also like said above are very inefficient on air although bolt kits are available and do help with that. (better kits are said to be coming this spring). VERY FAST and VERY ACCURATE as well but slightly large and heavy.

Angels I have not shot too much of but are great guns. They have got speed, looks, tons of unnecessary options
:p , and decent accuracy.

All three are good guns. You really cant go wrong with any of these guns. Which ever is cheaper i would go with.

RushA
03-31-2003, 03:36 PM
well i can get a brand new dye autococker with an e-blade on it for under $1000 so i think thats what i am going to do. But more info on these guns please.

freek133
03-31-2003, 03:52 PM
I say go with the matrix,

I personally own one, but please dont take my post as being biased.

The matrix is a solid gun, you really cant go wrong with it... The market is really starting to turn towards them, so alot of new parts and upgrades will be available for them this year. This gun will only get better and better.

The angel, one heck of a performer... Time tested and proven over time, warped sports is making an eye for them and thats pretty cool... I personally wouldn't have one over a matrix though.

Electro cockers... those just aren't my bag.

These are my opinions, take them how you would like to.

Ryknow
03-31-2003, 06:16 PM
Tyler buddy, you need to take a trip to the gym. Ever held an E-Mag? Angels are nice and light. The new 2k3 LCD angels are even light because they have the smaller (and slightly more efficent) IR3 internals, which allows the body to be carved some more.

I do work out 3 days a week, and run the other two. E-mags werent on this list though, were they? hehe e-mags are heavy a poo, really heavy actually lol

SlipknotX556
03-31-2003, 06:27 PM
2k2 timmy with equalizer...

Mr. T!
03-31-2003, 09:42 PM
Angel.

Matrix' need too much in order to perform great (bolt kit, lpr, etc), and still have bad effency, no matter what you do. If the LCd does come with those mods, even then, effency is a big problem with matrix'. I would also stay away from the dye w/e blade, E cockers have too much mass moving around, and jump around alot under high ROF's. Plus, they are a pain to deal with if any of the adjustments come un done.

I would go with the angel, the ir3 is very comfrotable, balances very well, and does not chop at all with COPS
2, even at insane rates of fire.

CobraC
03-31-2003, 10:18 PM
I would not go with the dye cocker, the last turny we went to the team ahead of us won 5 of them, and the captain was asked "should I keep mine" By some flunky, his response was- "NO, every dye cocker I have ever seen was a POS" I agree with him, dye makes great looking stuff, but when it comes to performance parts, they havent had a good history. I've seen some very nice Matrix's, and shot them. They are very nice, but a little big and heavy for me. I've heard they are also gas hogs and require a lot of maintaining. As for the angel, angels are known to be nice guns, but the only angel i'd every own is a LCD, I havent seen too many great things out of the IR3's. Oh, one last thing, eblades do rock, very fast and cool. As for the post about the timmy, we just got two new lasoya timmys out at the field, and stock they are VERY nice.

Ityl
04-01-2003, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Ryknow
e-mags are heavy a poo

do you handle poo often to know this? ;)

I like the matrix best out of the original 3. It has the coolest name. :D ...and all the other stuff people said. They are great guns. I don't think they are heavy at all, but they are a little big. I think the bigness just comes from the feedneck sitting so far forward making the barrel also stick out far. They do comsume a little more air than the rest also. Something that is not on your list is a raced freeflow. They are very light, can be very fast, very efficient, and won't chop. My brother had to set his trigger longer so he wouldn't outshoot his hopper. But they do cost a lot.

Ultimator
04-01-2003, 11:15 AM
Get whichever one suits you best on the field. That is what matters. If you're a back player you have a lot of leeway (sp) with this, but go with a lighter gun if you're playing front or mid. Here is what I have witnessed out of the three guns:

Angel: Low maintenance, sturdy marker. However, a lot of people choose this because of the name (i.e. When you tell a newbie you have an angel, they crap their pants. When you tell a newbie you have a 2k2 Timmy they say "My spyder is better.") They tend to chop a lot if you can shoot it over 12 bps and they don't seem to be very smooth firing markers. Nice overall gun, though.

Matrix: The friend that Ryknow is talking about has horrible efficiency. He would get his 68/3000 tank filled and probably 400-600 shots later it was empty again. I don't know if he had the efficiency upgrades yet though. The gun was very smooth firing but, like the angel, it had chopping problems if you started really hammering on the trigger. The trigger was also not very impressive in my opinion.

E-blade: Very fast, but the kick on these suckers is so bad it's amazing, leading to full-auto mode. The guy that Ryknow is talking about just had problem after problem. First it was the solenoid, then it was the eye, etc. He had a lot of other stuff put on at the same time by an Eclipse tech and he still had all these problems. He told me once that when he sent it to Rhode Island (Planet Eclipse US Headquarters) his cocking pressure was very out-of-whack so they made the comment "Who set your cocking pressure?!" only for him to respond "You did." Overall they are pretty nice guns also.

My personal recommendation would be with the Angel.