PDA

View Full Version : See if you can help me

Mobius V
03-30-2003, 10:10 AM
When I pull the trigger it fires and then when I let off, the sear goes half way to the fully cocked position fires then goes to the fully cocked position I oiled the on/off pin, replaced the all the on/off o-rings, the bolt isn't worn, and as far as I know the sear isn't worn. Nothing should be worn I've only shot about 4-5 cases through it so the gun is fairly new... It doesn't make sense why it would be doing this unless there is something messed up on the inside where I can't get at it... I run nitro if that matters... Should I try buying a new sear and see if it works? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

And yes I posted this in the tech forum but I'm not getting very many posts over there so... please help me out!thanks

Teen
03-30-2003, 10:23 AM
There's probably something wrong with the On/off assembly. You could have the pin in backwards or the parts in wrong. I'm just geussing thats where the problem might be, it could be the sear or some other part but im not sure. i'd just take apart the on/off and make sure everythings in correctly.

Mobius V
03-30-2003, 10:26 AM
unless somehow you can put the o-rings in the on/off, upside down everything is correct... the pin is correct the solid end in the gun the little rouond part on the sear...

Lee
03-30-2003, 11:02 AM
try a new bolt spring?

Mobius V
03-30-2003, 11:04 AM
yeah, thats what a guy just told me in the tech forum.

Lee
03-30-2003, 11:11 AM
cool, hope it works.

Mobius V
03-30-2003, 11:39 AM
if the spring isnt't long enough do you need a new spring or could you stretch them back to a good length

rehme
03-30-2003, 12:37 PM
what kind of setup do you have

Mobius V
03-30-2003, 10:07 PM
It was the bolt spring!!! everythings good now.. except sometimes if I shortstroke it theres a big leak down the barrel and I just close the on/off (pull trigger back)and then everythings normal. whats that all about? all my powertube o-rings are brand new... my setup is in my signature isn't it?:p