PDA

View Full Version : tank problem

EsPo
03-30-2003, 06:59 PM
i just got a pmi 68/3k in a trade, and i had a few problems with it.. in which most are fixed. but im still having trouble with the burst disc ( i think). there are 2 spots to unscrew where my problem may lie (pictured). i took one apart, and everything looked fine, there was a copper disc that looked intact, it had a hole in the middle of it (which i think is perfectly normal.. but not sure). i took the other one apart, and everything was the same, but there were 2 small copper fragments lying in there. i took them out and discarded them. the disc looked intact and had a hole in the middle.. like the other one.. which i once again think is normal. so im beginning to wonder what the problem is. i went to get it filled and it leaked out of the labeled part on the picture. did the copper fragments have anything to do with it?

dave_p
03-30-2003, 07:07 PM
that is a burst disk that has...
burst.
these are set to blow before the tank ruptures.
either the tank was over pressurized or the disk was bad and failed.
for your own safety send it to be fixed and hydro'd

EsPo
03-30-2003, 07:22 PM
another.

Aliens-8-MyDad
03-30-2003, 10:07 PM
both of those should have burst disk, one should have like a 5000 and the other should have a 1800, correct me if im wrong. the one closest to the bottle is the high pressure burst disk (5000) and the one closer to the threads is the Low pressure burst disk (1800)

RRfireblade
03-30-2003, 10:12 PM
If there is a hole in them they are "burst"-ed.All they are is a metal seal/gasket of various thickness based on rated burst pressures.

Jay.