PDA

View Full Version : RT question

Lawdog
03-30-2003, 07:35 PM
I'm pretty new to Automags. I bought an older RT and wanted to put some mods on it for this season. When putting on the Intelliframe, do I have to do anything special with the sear? Like I said I'm pretty new to Automags so if you can keep it simple that would help a bunch.
Right now I'm leaking air out the back regulator, and the trigger is not firing. It is pressurized, but not firing.

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy

Dayspring
03-30-2003, 11:26 PM
Well, ignore the above post. There are SEVERAL things to check.

First, what Level 10 configuration are you running? Spring/carrier/shims?

Also, what's your input pressure?

Answer that, and we can start to get you working.

As for the Intelliframe question- just make sure you order the RT version of the intelliframe. Other than that, drop her in and go to town.

Lawdog
03-31-2003, 06:06 PM
The Level 10 kit is not installed yet, it is here, but wanted to make sure the marker was working properly before tackling the installation of the kit.

The input pressure is 800. I went through and checked the o rings and they appear to be in place and everything is oiled. The first time I put air to it, it fired once then would not fire again, I could pull the trigger, it was pressurized, but it did nothing. And was leaking out the back. I tried to adjust the velocity up and down and neither helped it one way or the other.
Again, any help anyone can lend would be great.

TOOL_173
03-31-2003, 07:36 PM
Thanx for the ignore me DaySpring.

leaking out the back of the velocity hole or around it? ?
-If so...make sure the regseat is tight, did u oil the orings inside the piston ? If not, check that..Make sure nothing is blocking the regseat.
-If around it. Check the Banjo Bolt and the PowerTube.

I used to have that same problem.

when u air it up, hold the trigger back..does air leak? ?
-If so check the banjo bolt, or powertube.

Lawdog
04-06-2003, 12:35 PM
I was just about to head out to the field to try out some different stuff when I could get more air. I decided to try out the old frame on the marker, and that worked just fine. It did not vent out the back and fired like it should. Just puzzled why the Intelliframe wouldn't fire, and why the marker vented with that frame on. It is the RT version frame. Any ideas would be much appreciated, still stumped here.

Thanks in advance.

Smokee_2_7
04-07-2003, 10:55 AM
hmm. this would make me think that the leak you get with the I frame is NOT from the reg. back, but actually from the banjo bolt area. If it's leaking bad enough, it would seem that the air is comming from the back of the gun.

Check the o-ring on the banjo bolt, and make sure you get everything pushed in right when you install it.

Also, im not extremely familiar with some of the ins and outs of the old RT design, but is there any kind of rail bushing that may be stuck in the stock trigger frame, and needs to come out and be put into the intelliframe? if so, this could be causing part of the problem.

With the gun just not firing, check and make sure that you guided the trigger rod through the I frame properly, and it's sitting behind the trigger where it needs to be.

Carl