PDA

View Full Version : micro e-mag question

la690
03-30-2003, 09:41 PM
i gassed up my micro e-mag for the first time that i bought used. i put in just under 800psi because thats the highest the x-stream would go even though its advertised up to 900psi. when i gased it up and took a shot the bolt went forward a little bit and then stopped just letting air leak out. also, the trigger rod didnt come back, once i pulled the trig it just went in and stayed. any ideas on what the problem could be? the battery was low, ill charge that but i have a feeling theres something more to it. im gonna grease the bolt stem and on/off pin aswell. thanks.

la690
03-30-2003, 10:06 PM
BTW. it did the same thing in manual mode.

askman
03-31-2003, 01:43 AM
are you running level x bolt or stock bolt? If it is stock bolt, check the power tube O ring and replace it. Oil it as well. Frankly, if you bought a used marker, replace all O rings.

If it is level X, find out which combo of carrier, spring and shim you are running. sounds like you need smaller carrier possibly.

cphilip
03-31-2003, 10:20 AM
It could also be the wrong ON OFF pin length. Its a special size. .670-.675 and not a stock size so if someone replaced it with too long of a pin by using a Stock Emag pin it would act something like what you describe.

Also the plunger rod may be out of spec. Take the thing apart and measure the plunger and the rod length and compair them against the post up top that Black put up there and see if they are in Spec. If they are not adjust them to that spec and start over from there.

If its the stock bolt it sounds like you are missing or have the wrong spacer in the Power tube as well. If its level 10 t

Replace the middle on off oring and check the length of the on off pin and check those other specs first and we go from there.

la690
03-31-2003, 03:06 PM
i dont have LX in it yet. thanks for the help so far any other suggestions?

la690
03-31-2003, 03:58 PM
i have no means of messuring anything to the .001:confused:

la690
03-31-2003, 10:08 PM
i compared my micro e-mag on/off pin to my x-valve on/off pin and the micro pin was about a 1/16 smaller than the retro one.

la690
04-01-2003, 09:54 PM
i messured my micro e-mag pin and my x-valve pin at school today with a caliper. the micro e-mag pin was .704 and the x-valve pin was .754 i dont know hpw precise the caliper was.

la690
04-02-2003, 03:18 PM
anyone??

askman
04-02-2003, 03:45 PM
from another postings.

E-Mag:

On/Off pin: .712" w/ brass top and double o-ring top.
.725" w/ aluminum top and single o-ring top.

Trigger Rod: 2.125"

Solenoid Plunger Rod: 3.005"

Micro Emag: quote from blackvcg
I don't work for PTP, so I'm not sure what their tolerances are suppose to be, but I do know that their Micro-E-Mag on/off pin should be about .670-.675. Trigger rod lengths and stuff like that I just eyeball because MicroMags never seem to work right wih AGD tolerances.

.704 seems to be outside what micro emag need for on/off pin you may want to shorten it to .675

la690
05-03-2003, 03:29 PM
thread resurection... but i still have the same problem. how do i take out the sear assembly so i can messure and adjust it? thanks.

rehme
05-03-2003, 07:57 PM
i think there is like a screw on the side that holds the sear in place just take that out and take of the grip frame i think but i dont have a emag but very soon i will have one so i dont know if i am correct

personman
05-04-2003, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by rehme
i think there is like a screw on the side that holds the sear in place just take that out and take of the grip frame i think but i dont have a emag but very soon i will have one so i dont know if i am correct
You are correct.
When you have the grip frame off, take off the left grip panel, and you will see the solenoid and plunger to the left side. There is a little half disk that you need to rotate to remove the sear/plunger.. it is very tricky mind you.. Then again I never got mine all the way out so I may be mistaken.