PDA

View Full Version : X Valve Question

ottomobile
03-31-2003, 08:26 AM
I am building my own mag and I am having some trouble tuning it. I'm running a low rise mainbody, an X-valve and an intelliframe and inputting 750 psi from a flatline.
I am using the short spring and the spacer that comes installed with the valve.
My mag seems to be shooting fine at a low rof, but when I increase my speed the bolt will sometimes stick and not recock all the way. You have to push it back with your finger and then you can fire again.
Does it need to be adjusted or is it just operator error?

-John

Dayspring
03-31-2003, 10:33 AM
The X-valve needs to be tuned. The guys at the factory don't have time to tune each and every one.

It sounds like you need to move up a half step or so on the carrier. give that a shot and see what happens. Also, try working with the mid spring. It'll be a little gentler on paint for you.

ottomobile
03-31-2003, 12:15 PM
Thanks, I'll try that out!

jayel579
03-31-2003, 08:07 PM
try the middle spring, that will help with the return of the bolt. you may have to mess with another size carrier if you do.

Russ
03-31-2003, 09:32 PM
we need to start a poll, to see how many folks actually READ the LX instructions, before posting a question :rolleyes:

I'm not pickin on you, just generalizing (if you look around a bit, there are 1000's of LX Q's :)

ottomobile
03-31-2003, 09:43 PM
I did read the instructions that came in the upgrade kit. They just seemed rather vauge. The closest trouble shooting FAQ that seemed to fix was bolt stickage, but thats not really the case here. Its more like the bolt doesn't completely return. Maybe I just misunderstood. But hey, thats what the forum's for. Clear up little misunderstandings... :D

Faze
04-01-2003, 01:41 PM
You piece of crap...you gotta do things that i can't do.
but at least ur smart enough to see the good side of automags.

-faze

Dayspring
04-01-2003, 01:43 PM
That's not quite nice... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Faze
You piece of crap...you gotta do things that i can't do.
but at least ur smart enough to see the good side of automags.

-faze

ottomobile
04-01-2003, 03:14 PM
Its ok, Faze happens to be the best man in my wedding.

Faze
04-01-2003, 07:15 PM
I am only teasing Ottomobile. i don't mean it, at all. we're very good friends, and its a comradery we share (besides, hes an autoclunker fan)

-faze