PDA

View Full Version : whats up with halo b's and eggy's on mags?

heftylefty
03-31-2003, 12:27 PM
Im just curious to Why people put eggy 2's and halo B's on regular mags. Do they think they can out shoot 12 volt revvy's? I know i cant. Do people do this because they like to sweetspot? Can someone fill me in on this? thanks

fire1811
03-31-2003, 12:32 PM
well an evo holds more paint
the halo and evo's have the latest technology
and feed way faster so if its out there
why chance it.

i would rather have a loader that i know i cant outshoot
then one that is possible to outshoot.

RetroEclipseMan
03-31-2003, 12:37 PM
I'm not sure if you're talking about classic valve mags but from the sweetspoting comment I would guess you're also talking about retro's to. Well, if you have a no rise body it's pretty easy to outshoot a 12v revy if you're shooting long strings. Plus like fire said, if the technology is there why not take advantage of it.

beam
03-31-2003, 01:03 PM
One of the videos that was done when they were originally developing the HALO A was on a Classic Mag with a hyperframe doing 16bps.

sithos
03-31-2003, 01:08 PM
must have been a modded hyperframe, cause i know mine was set to max at 13bps, 10bps in anything but semi.

beam
03-31-2003, 01:16 PM
yep, it was modded. I don't know how though. I emailed them and asked them what they did and they said it came from AGD that way. I posted a thread asking how it was done and someone just told me to get the new full-auto board from centerflag.
I don't think the one AGD sent had this new board....I dont think it was available at the time. So the question remains...how did AGD do it?

paintballbeaver
03-31-2003, 01:41 PM
a majority of the time its because they have a higher end gun and they just switch the hopper to that gun

Evil Bob
03-31-2003, 01:44 PM
The HALO B is an active force feed system. When the marker is not firing, the HALO B applies spring tension to the ball stack, so the moment the marker is fired, it crams a ball into the chamber. You're not stuck waiting for the loader to react or lagging behind, it responds the moment you pull the trigger.

I would definitely use a HALO with a stock level 7 Mag just to cut down on chopping alone.

-Evil Bob

banzaimf
03-31-2003, 02:23 PM
I run a halo A on my mag, Why? Because my 12 volt X-board revvy gets chops. The Halo doesn't

cdawg
03-31-2003, 02:28 PM
I have a Halo B on my X-Valve/Intelli Mag for 3 reasons:

1) Sweetspotting - It's not officially illegal yet and my RT does sweetspot at 15bps (Officially, from analyzing a sound file in a wav editor).

2) Shooting sideways. Sometimes when you're on the ground its the only way to stay tight and shoot at the same time.

3) Reliability - When I jump over a snake and rip a few rounds, I want to make sure that there are balls in the chamber of my marker. When you are an agressive player with a non-force fed hopper, there is no guarantee that the ball will actually be in the chamber when you are shooting your marker during a mad dash to the fifty. Sometimes a misfeed can cost you an elimination.

Hexis
03-31-2003, 02:28 PM
I'm not claiming to have uber fast trigger finger, but on my ReTro based minimag I chopped every so often with the 12v revy (pre LX), on the Halo (not B) I never had a problem.

TheJester
03-31-2003, 04:08 PM
well i can out shoot my rico w/ out sweet spotting...i have an x-valve though

rehme
03-31-2003, 04:18 PM
yeah when i had my pre LX i could never get it to skip a shot it would always chop but now with my lx i dont have to worry about it chopping but the halo B is by far the best out there so i always use the best but i also have a egg2 but i dislike it alot but i like the halo B alot more

heftylefty
03-31-2003, 06:56 PM
Im gonna get a no-rise body soon and i dont know what hopper to use. Have any of you guys tried out an eggy 2 and a halo B on a no-rise before? Which do you perfer? Im concerned about the size and not the speed. thanks for the replys

cdawg
03-31-2003, 07:09 PM
It fits nice and snug.

SlipknotX556
03-31-2003, 08:06 PM
Its preference of what kind of loader, you put on you marker.

magzown3
03-31-2003, 10:53 PM
Well I was just going to post on an issue similar to this but i guess ill put it here. I was gunna ask about the blowback that mags have and if a forcefeed is necessary to keep the balls from shooting back up the feed. Could this be another reason why people w/ very feed mags have force feed hoppers?

WarBUCKs
04-01-2003, 04:27 AM
You mean you can't pull 14 a second???

Well, I don't know why they do it, but I just think they look better than (The Halo not the egg)other hoppers.

It is possible these people buy these speed hoppers so when they upgrade they don't have to go out and buy a new one.