PDA

View Full Version : Mag Input Pressure

Mr Orange
03-31-2003, 04:22 PM
Hey guys,
I am relatively knowledgeable about markers, and physics, and logic. A friend asked me a Mag question the I just wanted to run it by you guys first. He is interestd in getting a WorrGas system. He is looking at the preset one. I noticed this preset to be set at 500psi, which I thought was low. I am just wondering if this would affect the way the mag operates. I am guessing it wouldn't due to the reg on the valve dropping the pressure under 500psi anyway. But just thought I would ask so he didn't spend 200 beans on a useless system.

Thanks GUys
PEACE
LT

AGD
03-31-2003, 05:34 PM
Yes its too low, should be about 800.

AGD

Mr Orange
03-31-2003, 07:35 PM
OK thanks Tom. Um this is one of my first posts outside the used gear forums. Its really cool that you replied. Just goes to show AGD Rocks!!! So THANKS!!!

PEACE
LT

Magluvr
03-31-2003, 09:54 PM
Tom, does that count for any mag or just the RT, RT/P? Because I was wanting to keep my regulator (Palmer) when I go nitro soon if nothing else for a front grip. (I have a mini) But what sort of thing would it do, because if it is anything serious then I would pitch the reg and get a gas-through.

What exactly does it do to have it lower than 800?

Wat
04-06-2003, 11:51 AM
Mags already have a regulator inside it that regulates the pressure use to fire the ball, not the pneumatics like most other non blow back semis out there. Because of this, if you feed that reg too low of a pressure, it will have slower recharge times. I believe the dump chamber pressure of a mag is around 400psi. Feeding a gun 500psi would only provide a 100psi differential which is on the low side.

You absolutely do not need a palmer inline reg for your mag of any kind. You would have 3 regulators in your system if you did. You'd have your preset or variable output reg on your HPA, your stabilizer and then your AIR valve. It would be potentially starving the gun.

Magluvr
04-06-2003, 05:16 PM
Wat, please read someone's post before just randomly posting something to say!
The question was not about NEEDing the reg, the question was what would it do to keep the reg on WHEN I go nitro. The key word here is WHEN, I have NOT gone nitro yet and so NEED the palmer since I play in a very cold climate. (Only 40F) The gun gets liquid in it if I don't use the palmer.
Please read people's posts and understand what they are asking before blurting some insane comment out.

bjjb99
04-06-2003, 07:05 PM
Classic/RT/X/etc valves like input pressures around 800 psi. Lower pressures should give you proportionally longer recharge times, resulting in potential shootdown under high rate of fire conditions.

Will the Stab hurt you if you keep it? I don't think it will... assuming that it can be set to a pressure higher than the output of your nitro tank, you could always just open it up all the way so it's essentially a gas-thru. If you do use the Stab for additional pressure regulation you might start seeing your mag starved for air under high rates of fire. Give it a try for a few games.

If your Stab can regulate pressure down to what normally comes out of the Mag's internal reg (350? 400? ??? psi?), then you could use the Stab as your secondary reg and remove the guts of your internal regulator.

I currently use a drop-forward with an on/off ASA for my fixed output nitro tank. I run a hose from the on/off ASA up and over the Mag's body and straight into the internal reg's input. I use a non-gas-thru front grip. The result is nice, compact, and very well balanced with a 10 or 12 inch barrel.

BJJB

Magluvr
04-06-2003, 10:10 PM
Thanks, I'll give it a try when my tank comes in. (Hopefully this Wed. or Thur.)

Wat
04-07-2003, 01:04 AM
Magluver, i would say you should also read your own post before bashing me.

"The question was not about NEEDing the reg, the question was what would it do to keep the reg on WHEN I go nitro."

My post said

"You'd have your preset or variable output reg on your HPA, your stabilizer and then your AIR valve. It would be potentially starving the gun."

Potentially starving your gun would be serious enough for you to dump your stab like you said in your post. Since i also mentioned the reg on the HPA tank, it already implies that you have shifted to HPA from CO2, then the stabilizer would at best be unnecessary, at worst starving your gun. You'd is a contraction for you would, "you would have" is a FUTURE perfect tense, thus referring to the point in time in the future when you switch to HPA.

"Please read people's posts and understand what they are asking before blurting some insane comment out."

I think you should do the same before being so hostile.

Magluvr
04-07-2003, 05:29 PM
Wat, in this sentence you made it sound like I was some sort of idiot for ever even putting a reg on my gun to begin with:

"You absolutely do not need a palmer inline reg for your mag of any kind."

I am sorry for coming across as "being so hostile", it was not my intent in any way shape or form.

So, when you say "It would be potentially starving the gun" what exactly would that entail. Because just using my palmer at its current setting on my mag (because I use CO2) I have experienced absolutely NO shoot down.

space_weazel_45
07-21-2003, 02:42 AM
ide like to jump in here, even if im a little late.
im not familiar with the charicturistics of co2 on a mag through a reg BUT useing HPA: if you have a reg(set below 800psi) before the mag valve, the chamber in the mag can not fill as fast. currently the rt/x valve refills at a bout 4 hundreths of 1 second [dam fast] if the in line reg is set less than 800psi (listed mag imput pressure) the valve will not refill as fast causeing potentialy a noticable shoot down, perhaps not dependign on how fast you are shooting but lowering the imput pressure as far as i know wont effect anything relating to the ball or the recoil because of the internal reg already dictating the pressure behind the ball. thus a inline reg is extrainious and could be anoying but you may not notice anything, agin depenging on how fast you shoot.
i bought my mag and ran it on co2 through about half of a oregon fall/winter not bitterly cold but cosistantly cool and damp, i had some freezing isues with co2 and some hot shooting so i saved and got an hpa and i run through a gas through fore grip with the tanks output pressure set to 850 tha valve has no problems and all my cold weather problems are gone.
so after being rather long whinded and praddling on for a while cause its late and i cant spel when im this tired :) im going to wrap this up in short the reg set below 800 before the mag valve may starve it may not. most people do'nt use secondary regs on mags once they swithc to hpa but you are welcome to.

hope all my rambilings hepled and if this is confusing or you have other questions feel free to PM me and ile do my best to anwser them

later