PDA

View Full Version : TKO Automag Package or Minimag?

mjs1217
03-31-2003, 09:07 PM
Okey doke, im sure alot of people have asked this in the past, or similliar questions, but i'd like to have some more recent input from you guys.

If I had 300 bucks and wanted a mag, and already had an anti-siphon co2 tank and 12v revvy hopper, what mag would you guys suggest? It's sort of a tough choice because apparently both are good to shoot right out of the box (perhaps a little assembly is needed :D ).

I'd like to get a brand new mag, but if i change my mind, sellers forums / ebay here I come.

BajaBoy
03-31-2003, 09:11 PM
tko, its got a bottom line:p

TheJester
03-31-2003, 09:14 PM
check my sig link on why i voted mini

rehme
03-31-2003, 09:14 PM
yeah tko

FalconGuy016
03-31-2003, 09:16 PM
Im thinking most people would choose TKO, but I think the minimag is better in the long run :). The only thing you a really getting is a bottomline with the TKO

mjs1217
03-31-2003, 09:21 PM
well what i really need is a gun that will serve me great right out of the box, since my budget is tight and i plan on using it for tourney play. however it needs to be highly customizable for later on in life when i get more money and customize it, performance wise and cosmetic wise. Now the question is: Which serves both these purposes better, the TKO package or the minimag?

B00bzor
04-01-2003, 01:18 AM
a while back i was gonna get the tko package but then i spent all my money going to fields

mjs1217
04-01-2003, 04:35 PM
^up^

frost
04-01-2003, 04:49 PM
dude tko i got one and i love it. ur not going to be needing a revy ill tell u that. but that gun it great its so worth it when u look at a classic there like $230. this thing is $280 and u get all that with it. i love mine it hasnt broken once. (well mag never break). it keeps up with anything out there and u will hit what u want to hit its lovely!!!!!!!!!!!

ps go to ur local shop and if they match web price u can get a better gas thro forgrip (not that the one on it sucks) thats what i did

mjs1217
04-01-2003, 05:39 PM
yes but, granted that is good, i take it you have never shot a minimag?

I am not concerned with what each package comes with, but rather which marker is more customizable performance wise, and which mag is better out-of-the-box.

Now, anyone else wanna give their input?:confused: (yea i know that smiley didnt make sense where i put it, but i just like it soo much because it looks like me)

mjs1217
04-01-2003, 05:40 PM
also: the number of stars is important as i will be running it on anti-siphon co2 for a while and that increases the chance that something might break...even in a mag.

Doug_7
04-01-2003, 06:42 PM
Does the tko come with a barrel, it sounds like it only has a bottom line, no barrel. I don't know if that's the case tho.

Ironlance7
04-01-2003, 09:49 PM
When I purchased my TKO it came with a 14 inche smart parts progressivaly riffled barrel. That beast of a gun has always served me well. Trust me, it rips out of the box and is very upgradable. Now as far as the mini goes, sorry but I haven't tried it.

Ironlance7
04-01-2003, 10:03 PM
Now that I think about, the TKO should be a better option unless you are going to be playing in sub freezing tempertures with CO2. You see, the only real advantage to the minimag is that it has a vertical adapter for the tank, which will make it harder for liquid CO2 to get into the valve and bust some o rings. Other then that, the TKO has a better stock setup with its bottom line, foregrip, and a decent barrel. Still, I can only say so much without having shot both guns.

Teen
04-01-2003, 10:28 PM
the tko has a vertical asa too, it just comes with a foregrip. get a tko it comes with more stuff and it performs great right out of the box. it would have to perform better than the mini becuz the tko comes with a better barrel and they are pretty much the same thing, the minis just smaller.
i got a tko and the i played in a tournament with it the 3rd time i used it, and it worked great.

NJPaint
04-02-2003, 07:13 AM
I know you said that you wanted to buy something new, but I highly suggest using the AO Classifieds to find a mag, $300 might buy you a decent bottom end gun, but on the forums $300 is a sizeable ammount for a decent gun. And after 10+ trades I really think highly of the quality of people buying and selling there. just my 2 cents :)

Oh and since you already have some upgrades on hand you could haggle some people down ;)

Benfica4ever
04-02-2003, 07:16 AM
Tko just because it already has the macro and asa, and stuff.

PzYcO
04-02-2003, 05:38 PM
find a nice used mag on the classifieds with good upgrades