PDA

View Full Version : Grey Goose: $40 money order

Dover
03-31-2003, 09:47 PM
here's a copy of the money order, anyways i bought it Feb 26 2003, sent it to you, and you claim not to have received it

irbodden
04-01-2003, 07:20 PM
Grey doesn't do bussiness with Canadians..

lopxtc
04-01-2003, 08:31 PM
I'll second that.

Aaron

Originally posted by irbodden
Grey doesn't do bussiness with Canadians..

Dover
04-02-2003, 03:11 AM
Not true; if he didn't want to do business he should have let me know, instead we agreed on a deal and we shall let the evidence of Payment Instrument decide.

lopxtc
04-02-2003, 08:45 AM
Does anyone else think it odd that you can clearly read everything on the receipt but the date?

I can make out;

Amount
Names
Bank Names
Hand written information
etc ...

But the date is clearly unreadable ...

Again I have to say why did you wait a year???? And at this point you should be able to contact the bank to get the transaction record of this money order. This will show where/when it was bought (and for how much), and also where/when it was cashed (and for how much). You still have no proof as I could buy a money order and right anyones name on it. Then I just wait a period of time and return to the bank and have it cashed out in my name. This is one of the many reasons you cannot use a credit card to buy a money order.

Aaron

mirthvader
04-02-2003, 09:49 AM
I wouldn't worry so much about the date. What's missing in the upper right hand corner is the identification number that allows you to track the money order.

It is a copy of a legitimate money order. Don't know if it is legitimate but I've sent plenty.

irbodden
04-02-2003, 10:27 AM
What's missing is any evidence.

Hell, I could photochop a more realistic money order slip in 5 minutes. :rolleyes:

Blennidae
04-02-2003, 11:11 AM
Dover, what you and eliteboris over on PBn have done is posted pics of copies of YOUR half of the money order.

Neither of you guys has any proof you mailed it, or that he received it, or that he cashed it.

Go to the issuer of the money order and have them track the status of the money order.

:rolleyes:

edit: Thanks for the date catch Synreal, the rest of the post still stands

synreal
04-02-2003, 11:24 AM
Feb 26 2003 - Apr 2 2003 != over a year

lopxtc
04-02-2003, 11:38 AM
He has the wrong date listed here ... if you goto to pbnation where this started you will see in the thread where he states the money order was set out something like 8-9 months ago.

Originally posted by synreal
Feb 26 2003 - Apr 2 2003 != over a year

mirthvader
04-02-2003, 11:55 AM
The bank will reimburse him if the money order has not been cashed. They will also tell him who cashed the money order.

This should be no problem.

rdb123
04-02-2003, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by mirthvader
The bank will reimburse him if the money order has not been cashed. They will also tell him who cashed the money order.

This should be no problem.

That's what I've been saying to eliteboris all along on PBNation. Just because he shows us his half of the money order doesn't mean that he immediately turned around and had the bank or wherever cash the money order instead of sending it. ;)

Grey_Goose
07-27-2003, 03:44 PM
Actually, Dover has this one right & it's been cleared up.

Originally, Dover & I made a deal for some cocker parts before I realized his location, and he had sent the m.o. before I could nix the deal.

Well, the m.o. took about a month and a half to arrive, which in the interim we both assumed it had been lost in the mail.

By the time it arrived, I had no idea who it was from or what it was for, so I sat back & waited for someone to contact me.

He did, and we straightened this out immediately.

Hopefully Dover will post to verify this.

As far as eliteboris goes, I'm still as perplexed as anyone.

Thanks for the support guys :)

Dover
07-27-2003, 07:40 PM
thanks for all your input guys, but i just sat tight and let the bank sort it out before getting in contact with grey goose, so it turned out to be a time delay.

and thanks to grey goose for helping me out by shipping first before receiving payment of his blue 2002 vertical cocker body kit to me. great trader, great guy