PDA

View Full Version : Is it common to have over a 3 week delay on repairs at AGD?

Paintballin Bishop
03-31-2003, 10:05 PM
Hello, hope a tech reads this thread... I had my local paintball dealer to send my automag to AGD for a repair. OVER 3 WEEKS AGO. The problem with my marker was after the level 10 kit was installed the gun wouldn't get over 270fps velosity. The AGD company said to send it in for them to find and fix the problem, sounds good so far.. Well after a few calls they finally find the marker that somehow got lost.(at AGD) Today we were told that they haven't had time to look at my Automag and that it could be as late as this weekend before it is worked on. Now Here is the story, I sold out of my Automag gear around 5 years ago and went to Tippmann. They (tippmann) have a service dept that is second to none. I do like the way that automag has steped up with items like the level 10 kit. But someone must look into the service dept. I don't like to fuss but I think My paintball dealer and myself have been plenty patient. Oh by the way, When we first called AGD about the problem with the automags performance. They said "it would only take 2 or 3 days to fix and ship back out...." Please help!! I have been out of my Automag for around 4 1/2 weeks. It would be nice to be able to get back into action...
If you or someone would like to contact me then send me a e-mail at [email protected]

Thanks Greg
:confused: :confused: :confused: :rolleyes:

Paintballin Bishop
03-31-2003, 10:15 PM
Sorry I forgot to add. We tried to turn up the velocity and the reg started leaking air out the velocity screw....The techs said that there must be a problem with the powertube. something about it must be an older one or something. Please help!!!! :confused:

Load SM5
03-31-2003, 10:19 PM
This would'nt by any chance be a older mag that Archie from North Alabama Paintball was working on, is it?

Paintballin Bishop
03-31-2003, 10:34 PM
yep! sure is... do you know anything about it? I would guess you do since you know Archie at northwest alabama paintball. HUH..:cool:

Load SM5
03-31-2003, 10:51 PM
Yea, I was the guy he called in to try and fix it. That mag had some issues.

The powertube was unscrewing itself from the valve... never a good sign.

It had horrible drop-off. From what I could tell it had something to do with the Stabilizer you had on there. You would be better off dropping that and buying a nitro tank. It'll work much better for you than triple regulating the mag or gutting the air valve.

I actually had the LX installed and humming fine but it was shooting low and dropping off. We had to replace the reg piston and a few other parts to get it there, though. It did need to be sent in to have some of the huge problems dealt with. If you want, PM me with your RA# and I can call tomorrow and see where your stuff is. Hopefully I can catch JJ or Jon before they go to Ultimate Madness. If I can't the tech dept will be closed until the 8th.