PDA

View Full Version : I am afraid to go x-valve!!!!!!

A.T.S
03-31-2003, 11:27 PM
I have heard many people say that their retro valve is not reactive at all. I have also heard many stories about people who simply could not get lvl 10 to work in their guns. I have a Crossfire, preset tank set to 850. If I trade in my classic valve for the x-valve, will the trigger be reactive? Do I get to keep my lvl 7 bolt When I go x-valve just in case lvl 10 does not work in my gun?

SlipknotX556
03-31-2003, 11:29 PM
Dont worry, the X valve will be reactive. As for lvl 10, I think they are tuned to prefection at AGD.

Bulldog
03-31-2003, 11:37 PM
I used to use an x valve with an 850 pre set crossfire. I loved it. The trigger's not going to be reactive like an A-5, I think some expect that it will because of the word "reactive", but it's a great pull. As far as Lev10, well your gonna have to learn to mess with it a bit at first to get it working properly. It's not hard though. Lev 10 is a great upgrade and well worth the extra effort. Just my opinion though.

wimag
03-31-2003, 11:39 PM
yes you keep your level 7 bolt.

no the x-valve is not tuned to perfection by AGD upon receipt.

adam shannon
04-01-2003, 12:03 AM
as a recent X-valve convert i can tell you your not going to get as much responce as a tippman response trigger. i was expecting the trigger to pop back like a tippman response...but it is snappier than a classic valve. i can get close to twice the speed i could on the classic valve. i have a 850 psi preset pure energy. im told that if i had an adjustable tank i may be able to get a little more snap from the x-valve.
the level 10 isnt totally set....you will need to play with it a little, but once you are familiar with how it works and what makes it do what it does you can fine tune it to your tastes reletively quickly. and once thats done its done. dont fear the complexity of the LX. take it apart and read the instructions and you wont have any problems. most of the posts from people here complaining about the LX leaking and such are people that never read the instructions.