PDA

View Full Version : quick x-valve questions..

felony
04-01-2003, 12:04 AM
Hey guys,

I just picked up my x-valve today and have some quick questions..

After installation and a few quick set up things, I was shooting. I have only put like 100 dry fires through it, but in those shots I noticed that the trigger had quite a bit forward/back slop. If I hung the marker (barrel to the ground) the trigger would hang mayber 2 mm or so. Didn't think this would happen. Anyone know whats up here?

Then when I shot, I I could pull the trigger just a bit and the marker wouldn't fire. It felt almost like the saftey on my friends glock. Pretty bad analogy, but maybe some of you got.

The trigger just didn't feel proper. Granted I was ripping on it for those 100 shots, I still don't think it was all setup right.

I am running @ about 700 psi input on a 68ci 3000psi flatline tank, and an intelliframe.

Also, I have read of some suggestions of putting dow on the on/off pin and on the tip of the sear. Is this recommended?

What are some tips or pointers to make my x-valve running it's best?

Thanks
dan

adam shannon
04-01-2003, 12:12 AM
thats normal. there will be a little bit of a space between your trigger and the trigger rod. its there for a reason, if its too tight (no play) sometimes the valve wont reset between shots. you can adjust that by turning the rod on the screw housing on the seer..but ive heard its not recomended.

Tunaman
04-01-2003, 01:04 AM
Dont touch that sear! Dow33 on the tips works great...just a dab. The orings are REALLY tight on these Xvalves and you need to oil it up and shoot it ALOT. It WILL get much better with time. ;)

felony
04-01-2003, 03:08 AM
dont adjust the sear, but a little dow on the tip will work fine? Wasn't sure what you said..

Thanks..
Dan

Tunaman
04-01-2003, 06:14 AM
correct

Remington
04-01-2003, 06:31 AM
Oh, and bump that input psi up 200(to 900). Trust me, you'll get much more reactivity from the trigger if you do.