PDA

View Full Version : On Off Valve O-rings

Sideshow
04-01-2003, 01:24 AM
I am repairing and older model 68 Automag. I bought a genuine Automag O-ring kit for it but am having trouble with the o-rings in the on/off valve assembly. I am referring to the 2 o-rings in the top that are suppose (and I stress "suppose") to fit inside each other. The smaller teflon o-ring keeps popping out of the outer one. Any secret to keeping these together? I realize there are newer model valves and upgrades, but I would like to continue to use this one. I have an air leak, for which i feel this may be the problem as the on/off assembly does not fully seat into the hole. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

pbzmag
04-01-2003, 02:03 AM
It always pops out for me. I just use the smaller oring to hold the on/off assembly together. Where does it leak for you? Down the barrel?

cgrieves
04-01-2003, 04:33 AM
I can't remember exactly (I use an RT valve now) but I'm pretty sure there are two different types of small O-ring, one is white and hard, the other is more cream coloured and softer. You want to use the softer one in the middle of the on/off top O ring pair. The harder one sits in the cylindrical recess in the on/off bottom.

I recall getting them the wrong way round once and the gun worked but the trigger pull was very hard.

Sideshow
04-01-2003, 06:05 PM
pbzmag,

Thanx for the reply. The gun is definately leaking around the on/off valve area as I cannot get a good seal here due to the fact that the o-rings will not sit inside one another. It has just a slight leak if I hold the trigger in, but is really bad when I left off.

pbzmag
04-01-2003, 06:16 PM
Did you also replace the oring in the on/off bottom? Make sure that the on/off pin is .750. Also make sure that your installing the pin curve side down.

Furious333
04-02-2003, 12:48 PM
Slideshow , i'm having the same problem. seems when i put the on/off assembly in the hole and press on it, it seems to pop out, press again , pops out a little. So my theory is that th o-rings arent staying in one another. i should get my spare part kit soon so i'm going to change both o-rings ( the urethane and tefflon one) if you have spare oring maybe you should try this to..