PDA

View Full Version : hoppers?

B00bzor
04-01-2003, 01:35 AM
HALO-b
12v revy
ricochet

I cant decide what hopper to get for my rt they all got good reviews, but I just cant decide

Brett23
04-01-2003, 01:56 AM
Mawaahahaha. Seeing as how Im the first one to actually pick one of the choices others is at 100%. oh and I have an Eggolution and love it.

AutomagRT1483
04-01-2003, 02:04 AM
Halo-B

Pile & A Half
04-01-2003, 02:23 AM
Halo B = +Fastest loader on the market
-Heavest and most expensive

Richochet = +Uses one 9vlt, LCD screen, reliabe
-Kind of hard to reload

12vlt Revy = +Light and cheap
-Not too reliabe

Evolution 2 = +Adjustable Speed
-Fragile feeder

Mach 404 = +Viberating technology, and cheap
-Slow

This might help you out on some of the topics. I have reviewed a lot of these through mags, and sites so this might come in a handy.

Brett23
04-01-2003, 02:49 AM
Curses foiled again. :D

Doug_7
04-01-2003, 11:20 AM
Haol B is in a class of it's own. It actualy forses the balls down the feed neck instead of just stiring them up so they move faster like the other ones. The Halo is only worth it if YOU and gun can shoot over 15 bps. If not I would recomend the rickochet because it actualy does make most paint bounce off it somehow. Iv ever heard of hellfire rounds bounsing off a rikochet.

Jack & Coke
04-01-2003, 12:25 PM
Speaking of hoppers... does anyone know if anyone makes a 100-150 round hopper? I've seen them before... they look like a short version of a VL200.

Only thing is, now I can't find them... :(

Any tips?

shartley
04-01-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Pile & A Half
Halo B = +Fastest loader on the market
-Heavest and most expensive

Richochet = +Uses one 9vlt, LCD screen, reliabe
-Kind of hard to reload

12vlt Revy = +Light and cheap
-Not too reliabe

Evolution 2 = +Adjustable Speed
-Fragile feeder

Mach 404 = +Viberating technology, and cheap
-Slow

This might help you out on some of the topics. I have reviewed a lot of these through mags, and sites so this might come in a handy.
I would advise not giving out “reviews” unless YOU know what you are talking about, and not what you “reviewed” in a lot of mags and sites.

I have a 12V Revy w/Xboard, and it is neither “cheap” nor unreliable. Mine is a pre-BE model, but it is still a Revy. For the average player, a 12V Revy w/Xboard will do just fine….. and it is quite affordable.

I will add however, that if folks can afford it, and need the faster loading speed, HaloB would be a good choice.

Duke Henry
04-01-2003, 01:31 PM
Honestly, if you want to limit yourselves to those choices, I would go with a good old Revy. Parts are cheap and the hopper is easy to fix.

-------------------------------
Slightly off topic:

I wouldn't recommend an Evolution 2 OVER a HALO for one reason: warranty.

I own both a HALO-B and an Evo 2, and if something goes wrong in my Evo, I will have to pay for replacement parts. BE gives a 90 day warranty on the loader. That's it.

Compare that with Odyssey, who replaced my hopper shells free of charge a year later because I broke them - and to me the choice is clear.

Just in case you wonder about getting an Evo 2 over a HALO.

FalconGuy016
04-01-2003, 02:47 PM
Im sure it was said, but I have no time so I cant read other posts :)

HaloB - because

- You'll never outshoot it
- Positive force feed (angled shooting, guaranteed ball in chamber no matter what move you just did)
- Its cool

The only negative is weight, which I dont mind a bit

Miscue
04-01-2003, 02:53 PM
I concur with Shartley... the revy is still a good loader to get. I'll be using an x-board revy on my norise XRTP, unless I find a HALO-B is necessary... which I doubt.

The revy won't let you shoot at an angle very well though, which the HALO-B can.

BobTheCow
04-01-2003, 03:17 PM
Speaking of hoppers... does anyone know if anyone makes a 100-150 round hopper? I've seen them before... they look like a short version of a VL200.
I think APP (Allen Paintball Products) might have one... they seem to have a variety of oddball stuff like that. Or else I'm completely wrong, who knows. :rolleyes:

I'd go with the HALO B, if you can afford, and if you trust the eletronics. I trust the electronics, and love HALOs for all the reasons already stated. You want something completely reliable because it'll still work w/ no batteries, get the revvy. Hell, maybe get the revvy as a backup to the HALO, if you want to/can afford it.

Just my $.02, don't spend it all in one place now.

SlipknotX556
04-01-2003, 03:19 PM
If you got the cash, the Halo B is well worth the money.

If you dont have the cash, 12v revvy with X-board is great.

FlagCarrier
04-01-2003, 04:36 PM
it really depends on how fast you can shoot. most of the time, you wont be shooting more than 13 bps (unless you play back), so i would at least give the xboard revvy a try before you add weight to your gun that could end up being unnecessary.

RushA
04-01-2003, 04:53 PM
Well put shartley, i totally agree, i have a 12 v x board revy and works prefect, its not heavy, and anybody who calls it unreliable should be hit in the head with a baseball bat, they are nice hopper, i had a angel lcd and that revy kept up with it just fine. I personally am getting a halo b because i like the satifactory of knowing if i do chop balls, its not because of the hopper.

B00bzor
04-01-2003, 05:56 PM
i just need a loader that will feed my rt pro.

well i really dont like the evo2's, they jsut look ugly.

the halos are heavy

iv heard the the revys are made out a cheep plastic

and the richochet break

so im just thinging ether the revy the ricochet, and the halo is i have the money.

WARPED1
04-01-2003, 07:41 PM
Reloader.

INSANEautomagER
04-01-2003, 07:52 PM
Eggy All the Way

CaptainFatCat
04-01-2003, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by WARPED1
Reloader.

Dang, You beat me to it.

WARPED1
04-01-2003, 08:08 PM
I just got mine in today, from pbgear.com.

Benfica4ever
04-01-2003, 08:55 PM
The halo is definetly the best but if you dont want to be spending too much money the 12v is great.

Pile & A Half
04-01-2003, 09:57 PM
Yeah I can understand that going off other reviews isn't to reliable, but I have messed with them and I have teamates that use them also. I guess you took it off that I copied or just took reviews and added them together...well no I didn't do that. Sorry about the mix up. But I don't blame you for being judgemental.

And as for the Revy being unreliable. I have used them and I have cracked a lot of shells on them. Maybe it's just me and how I play...but I'm still sticking with it.

GT
04-02-2003, 04:16 PM
Rico with da screeeennn mang!!

I love my little Rico, light and it screams when it needs paint :)