PDA

View Full Version : Different DYE bore backs = Bullcrap!

JEDI
04-01-2003, 09:41 AM
How many of you guys heard the myth starting last summer that you can buy a new two piece Boomstick, and you'd be able to "exchange" bore backs. This came about when the boom of barrel kits happened. DYE even labeled the barrels with bore sizes. Yet, if you contact DYE, they have no intension of selling the backs seperately. I just read the Faceful 2003 gear guide, and it says they're interchangeable.

I think its wrong for DYE to claim such a thing, and then take no action to back it up. What is the point of a two piece barrel, with no options once you've seperated them? Pure crap I tell ya!

_Spork_1
04-01-2003, 10:06 AM
uh, buy the differn't bore sized backs off pbnatino, tons of peopel sell the backs on there

JEDI
04-01-2003, 11:11 AM
Yeah, thats not really the point. I'm not gonna buy a barrel so that I can then search PbNation for someone selling the specific used bore back. So I can THEN haggle prices with some 13 year old in Wisconsin. I will say, its a good idea, but not really my point.

covadsucks
04-01-2003, 11:47 AM
Someone was swearing up and down that Pro Paintball out of NY was selling the Dye Boomy Backs in the available bore sizes. You may want to give them a call, the person who was saying this may have been telling the truth.

JAM
04-01-2003, 02:23 PM
I too have heard many people swear that you can get the backs, but I have yet to see proof.

That would be killer if Dye put together a kit like the Evil Pipe.

BajaBoy
04-01-2003, 02:27 PM
shocktech's Aftershock cocker comes with a 5 bore ulralite set

covadsucks
04-01-2003, 03:04 PM
I would give up my CP kit if Dye started making the UL barrel set...

Wc Keep
04-01-2003, 03:54 PM
a little while ago i was looking into getting a set of boomsticks. i talked to tuna about them and he said dye will not sell the backs alone. you have to buy the whole barrel so that you can now interchange the tips.

_Spork_1
04-01-2003, 04:05 PM
ummmm.....not every one that sells ultralight backs on PBN are 13, anyways

it's a marketing scheme so you buy 3 differn't full ultralights

but you get 3 diff bore backs, and 3 diff. front lengths and you have a barrel set at around 240 bucks=they make mroe money than selling just backs

i remeber someone asking which gun he should get on PBN and he said what ever gun he would get(all cocker threaded) that he would be using the 5 ultralight backs that he has

now thats some crap

rehme
04-01-2003, 04:21 PM
they just want more green well doesnt everybody?

yeahthatsme
04-01-2003, 04:23 PM
they are interchangeable...you just have to have 2 barrels to interchange...thats what the word means...exchanging parts...so your wrong...

darklord
04-01-2003, 04:52 PM
DYE would rape you if they made a pipe-like barrel kit. Think about it, most major barrel kits (pipes, freaks, scepters, CP pro, J&J edge) are between 160 and 200 dollars. A single DYE ultralight is roughly half or more of that cost. Now if we average the total cost of a single ultralight as $85 a barrel, as seen on actionvillage, and say the back itself would cost about 42, 45 bucks. Let's say 45. Most barrel kits have 6-8 bore sizes. Let's say DYE does 6. That's 6 backs, $270 right there, add a tip for another 45 for good measure, and that's $315. Ridiculous. If DYE makes a kit it better be cheap, but still quality.

_Spork_1
04-01-2003, 05:15 PM
wanna know something also?

barrel kits are over rated, the only reason why i'm buying a 2 piece ultralight ovre my 1 piece, is becausei can change lengths and i like to be up to date........

whats the point to barrel kits when you have BYOP or you know the paint that your field sells? and don't pull the tourny paint crap on me, cause tournys have tons of diff. paint

AcemanPB
04-01-2003, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by _Spork_1

barrel kits are over rated, the only reason why i'm buying a 2 piece ultralight ovre my 1 piece, is becausei can change lengths and i like to be up to date........

whats the point to barrel kits when you have BYOP or you know the paint that your field sells? and don't pull the tourny paint crap on me, cause tournys have tons of diff. paint

Once you have a barrel kit you are not limited to buying the paint that only fits your barrel, you can buy any paint and it will shoot just fine.

Also many touranments will only have one kind of paint you can buy, because that will be the company sponsoring the event.

I think a barrel kit is one of the best things you can buy for you gun.

Python14
04-01-2003, 05:39 PM
whats the point to barrel kits when you have BYOP or you know the paint that your field sells?

And what if we don't/can't? My home field isn't a very big field. From time to time, the paint choice may change. Sometimes, just due to money, and such, the field may not have every size paint. Second, when it rains or is humid, paint can expand as much as 2 freak bore sizes. Don't argue with me because you will lose. Third, what if I travel to a different field? Say it's a field like mine that doesn't always have a wide selection of paint.

JEDI
04-01-2003, 05:55 PM

Dude, you're so wrong! Not every where is BYOP. In fact almost no where is. All the local jersey fields are feild paint only. Paintball arena in LI, is feild paint only, Skirmish is feild paint only. The Global Series tournament is Feild paint only. Should I go on? Great, even if you do know the paint your feild sells, what do you do if you dont happen to have a barrel in that bore size? Some tourneys have different paint, but are you gonna show up to a tourney hoping that you have ONE barrel that matches their paint? Heres another one, SkyBall in Toronto. That was a major tourney. Again, event paint only.

I'm sorry man, owning a barrel kit isn't the point of this thread, but if you think you're gonna get by on the Tourney scene with ONE bore size, I seriously doubt your Tournament experience.

Darklord, I'm not talking about one DYE kit with several (6) backs. That would be rediculously expensive. I would like the option though to buy a DYE Boomstick, and every so often spend $50 -$70 on a different bore. Thats not so far fetched for me. You really only need 3 bore sizes. I cant think of the last time I used anything other than a .686, .688, or .690

yeahthatsme- they didnt claim to be interchangeable, they said "Different bore backs will be available seperately" Dye has always offered custom size bore backs for the one piece Boomies. When they went two peice they claimed they were gonna sell backs seperately.

_Spork_1
04-01-2003, 06:31 PM
i didn't say you should only have one barrel

and i was tlaking about BYOP fields, and even when its FPO, you know what your field has so buy accordingly

and i have 2 differn't barrels, one .689 and one .686 and i get by fine(talking about tournys) never did i say to only have one barrel, and i see the .689 freak insert or .690 jt back used the most out of any insert even though they have the whole freakin set

JEDI
04-01-2003, 06:49 PM
i didn't say you should only have one barrel

and i was tlaking about BYOP fields, and even when its FPO, you know what your field has so buy accordingly

and i have 2 differn't barrels, one .689 and one .686 and i get by fine(talking about tournys) never did i say to only have one barrel, and i see the .689 freak insert or .690 jt back used the most out of any insert even though they have the whole freakin set
You dont sound like you know WHAT you're talking about. You dont like barrel kits, but you'll buy different barrels just to have different bore sizes. Instead of buying one kit that fits paint any where you go, you'll buy a barrel according to what your local feild stocks. Sorry man. Thats backwards. So instead of spending about $150 once on a kit, you're gonna buy a new barrel every time your feild changes paint, or the event has different paint?

Can we please get this thread back on topic, and have a discussion with people that have a clue what they're talking about.:confused:

_Spork_1
04-01-2003, 08:31 PM
ya, that happens with me sometimes

i only spent 85 on 2 barrels, yes used though

maby it will make me sound less stupid if i say that i think barrel kits are over kill(the ones with like 6 inserts)

Wc Keep
04-01-2003, 08:59 PM
have you ever heard of nitro duck paint? its great paint but im sure you will never have it be great stuff for you cause its a 679 bore size.