PDA

View Full Version : PBNation has been sold

thecavemankevin
04-01-2003, 12:18 PM
PbNation.com -- SOLD
The domain PbNation.com has been bought outright by a private purchaser. The week-long negotiations ended last night at approximately 8PM EST for the full transfer of ownership and intellectual property hitherto. All information contained within the PbNation databases, server hardware and software will be transfered to the new ownership party sometime this week.

On behalf of the staff here at PbNation I would like to thank all of the members for being so supportive of our mission since this website's introduction. We will surely miss you.

More details will be posted as we get and finalize them...

This was a direct quote from pbnation at http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=211209

$10 bucks says that it is an aparil fools joke :)

LawFox32
04-01-2003, 12:38 PM
actually I bought it,

pito189
04-01-2003, 02:11 PM
If they sold it, maybe, it wouldn't be slow all the time. :rolleyes:

They are all immature people that think they know everything about anything over there. At least you can get a descent answer here, though it might be laced with threats to use the search feature. :)

thecavemankevin
04-01-2003, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by pito189
They are all immature people that think they know everything about anything over there. At least you can get a descent answer here, though it might be laced with threats to use the search feature. :)

Actually myself along with many other AO members moonlight to pbn too, including "jack and coke" and "manike." So before you say "they are all immature people that think they know everything" you might want to say something along the lines of "many of them.....";)

Evil Bob
04-01-2003, 02:50 PM
Definitely sounds like an April fools joke.

-Evil Bob

DiRTyBuNNy
04-01-2003, 02:54 PM
yeah..who would pay good money for PBN?

xadamx
04-01-2003, 03:43 PM
not i, i dont enjoy those forums

pito189
04-01-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by thecavemankevin

Actually myself along with many other AO members moonlight to pbn too, including "jack and coke" and "manike." So before you say "they are all immature people that think they know everything" you might want to say something along the lines of "many of them.....";)

I go over there too. I'm just saying about 95% of them. How is that. ;) :D

Kevmaster
04-01-2003, 05:55 PM
i wont complain if they turn it into a store

Sir Chopsalot
04-01-2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by DiRTyBuNNy
yeah..who would pay good money for PBN?

BWAHAHAHAHA, oh so good:D

WARPED1
04-01-2003, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by thecavemankevin

Actually myself along with many other AO members moonlight to pbn too, including "jack and coke" and "manike." So before you say "they are all immature people that think they know everything" you might want to say something along the lines of "many of them.....";) 99% of the members, including mods and admin are utter morons who only pretend to know anything about paintball.

SlipknotX556
04-01-2003, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by WARPED1
99% of the members, including mods and admin are utter morons who only pretend to know anything about paintball.

Actually alot of the mods over on PBN, know what they are talking about, so do alot of the members. Lets take this for example, I am always cruising the "Bob Long" section, alot of the mods never anser the tech questions, its mostly ansered by members, such as PaintballPark187.

srrdude
04-01-2003, 08:21 PM
i no several members of ao that are on pbnation.. some i dont even know personally but know the name.. like jack and coke as mentioned
maybe (if its real) the new owners will alloww pics to be back up..

SlipknotX556
04-01-2003, 08:24 PM
I also am a frequent member of PBN. I am on their about 75% of the time, the other 25% here on AO.

GT
04-01-2003, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by SlipknotX556
I also am a frequent member of PBN. I am on their about 75% of the time, the other 25% here on AO.

I hit both. Mostly to buy and sell stuff.

jb

Statik7
04-01-2003, 09:39 PM
read tony's sig... in red letters "What day is it"

WARPED1
04-01-2003, 09:57 PM
Too subtle, people won't get it. What if they have "show users sigs" turned off?

Statik7
04-01-2003, 10:01 PM
then my guess would be that theyd come to beleive the world is coming to an end.:D PBnation is lame anyway. Tis ok for waht it is but i just dont like it. Color scheme sucks.

WARPED1
04-01-2003, 10:07 PM
I really can't stand PBNation, it's overpopulated with lamebrain morons, who drown out the intelligent posters over there.

Statik7
04-01-2003, 10:12 PM
i hear that. Ive been registered there for like the lognest time, and have like >50 posts. AO is a cool place even if you dont own a mag.

WARPED1
04-01-2003, 10:15 PM
I joined here after I sold my old mag, now I own 2! A PTP Micromag and I just traded nato for his EMag.:D

Bulldog
04-01-2003, 10:23 PM
I've checked out pbnation a few times, and I don't know if the people there are knowlegdable or not, but they seem so catty, so ready to cut someone down or point out trivial mistatements. Not a place I like to frequent. I hate when they migrate over here.

srrdude
04-01-2003, 10:23 PM
ive always used ao.. tech forum is great.. tom kaye is prob the coolest pb president there is.. cuz he listens to the customers.. and people here are smart (ie. wicked, warped, istdeady eye, jack and coke) and i dont even know them presonally

Timmee
04-02-2003, 04:30 AM
Not only are some AO members there, but there are some regulars from the Tinker's Guild that frequent there. Also, it depends on what forum you visit. It seems that if you hang out in certain forums, you can USUALLY get an intelligent response to any question you have. I usually only visit the ICD and Tribal forums, and they're good. The BE forums are bombarded by flamers from other forums, so I don't go in there. I also get more accurate info on 'Cockers here and on the Tinker's Guild than on the 'Cocker forum there (it's the same with the Angel forum).