PDA

View Full Version : KAPP Aluminum Grip Panels

Telefragged
04-01-2003, 05:41 PM
I was browsing around the KAPP online store for whatever reason, and came upon some aluminum grip panels for $12.00 that don't look half bad.

Does anyone know if these will fit an Intelliframe properly without any problems? As in, screw holes lining up, interior of grip being covered? Thanks...

yeahthatsme
04-01-2003, 06:20 PM
if they're 45 grip panels then they should fit unless they're messed up...

shartley
04-01-2003, 06:31 PM
Yes, 2 hole .45 panel grips fit the IntelliFrame…. BUT, be warned that the IntelliFrame is wider (front to back) than most .45 frames. This will mean the panels will look small on the frame and leave a lot more extra frame around the front and back of the grips. And to me, it makes the IntelliFrame actually uncomfortable to hold (compared to wrap around grips).

langrage
04-01-2003, 06:35 PM
PS.

They are not as light as you would think.

Ryknow
04-01-2003, 06:37 PM
actually, they are very light and look VERY good on intelliframes. My friend had some chrome/grey ones onhis black i-frame it looked sahweet. Just my $.02.
~Tyler

shartley
04-01-2003, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Ryknow
actually, they are very light and look VERY good on intelliframes. My friend had some chrome/grey ones onhis black i-frame it looked sahweet. Just my $.02.
~Tyler
I am sure they “look” good on the IntelliFrame.. no doubt there. But I have tried various panel grips on my IntelliFrame, and although some may look nice, NONE felt good after holding it with wrap around grips….. geee… kind of makes you wonder why AGD sells them WITH wrap around grips and not panel grips. ;)

I am replacing my Dye Stickies with 2 piece front wrap grips made of Macassar Ebony.

Telefragged
04-01-2003, 07:01 PM
Yeah, I was looking for some chrome ones, but they don't have anymore, so i think i'll just save myself $15 and stay with the stickies, thanks again