PDA

View Full Version : Longest Lvl 10 Spring

Mav D MagMan
04-01-2003, 07:17 PM
Ok, I posted this in another thread but Cphilip ignored it... :( ;)

Well I've had problems with running my gun with the longest spring, it's the only way I've run it so far but could that just be it?

I figured that I was the dumbkopf and messed up by using an unbroken in o-ring in the new carrier etc. once my Lvl 10 got prissy.

Your post is the first time I've seen someone say "do not use the longest mainspring" I've searched around and haven't seen it elsewhere.

How'd this opinion come about Cphilip (well actually anybody)? (I'd just like to know) although I do already plan on changing it out the next time I get C/A refills...

Thanks!
Mav

P.S. I spared you a PM Cphilip :) Please help me out!

Miscue
04-01-2003, 07:24 PM
The longest spring rarely, if ever, works. Use the medium spring.

Mav D MagMan
04-01-2003, 07:26 PM
Thanks Miscue! Lol I figured that out, not my first full day of game play with it (it ran great!), but the second (In december) had to switch to my back-up gun how embarrasing!

Anyways is there any particular reason or is it one of those just cuz's?

Ah well thanks for your help and the second opinion I was hoping for!
Mav

Miscue
04-01-2003, 07:33 PM
AGD wasn't sure which springs to send out in the LX kit, so they just sent 3 sizes to play it safe. The longest just happens to not work very often.

Mav D MagMan
04-01-2003, 07:35 PM
Allright, Thanks for your help Miscue!

Besides there shouldn't be that much difference between the impacts of the two springs... I'll just replace the long spring with the cut spring first chance I get.

Mav

rehme
04-01-2003, 07:47 PM
my gun worked perfectly when i put the long spring in for the first time installing LX.

Mav D MagMan
04-01-2003, 10:44 PM
Yeah but have you used it a second time after having it sit? I had a fun time of it, everything from bolt stick to leaks!

Mav

IcantBelieveit
04-02-2003, 11:57 AM
i have used the longest spring from the first time, and i have had no bolt stick or recocking issues, works flawlessly every time and i shoo around 285 +/-(3-4)

Mav D MagMan
04-02-2003, 11:09 PM
Are you enslaving cocker elves? What's your secret to long spring success?

Mav