PDA

View Full Version : pleaseeeeeeeeeee hellllllllp!!

COCKERKING
04-01-2003, 08:52 PM
i have a problem i just bought this mag from a guy for a lot of money. i found how some how it is seriously screwed up it is a mag with level 10 with three stars.im not sure if he installed the level ten or not. it has a benchmark double trigger frame teflon black body and tourny lock when you put air into the gun it doesnt leak but nothing happens when you pull the trigger the guy said something about the company adjusting the sear. what kind of warranty do i have on this having three stars. will they replace it with what all is on it and if so how much will i have to pay. or should i just scrap the gun

Brak
04-01-2003, 09:03 PM
it has 3 stars on it, meaning it can be repaired 3 times FOR FREE by the company (AGD). if you arent confident by fixing it yourself, send it in with the level 10, get it installed, and the gun will be back great.

Dave
04-01-2003, 09:06 PM
no, don't scrap the gun...see if you can find a local mag user who can help you take a look at it...I don't have a lot of details from your description...possibly a powertube spacer issue? The gun may also be starved of air. There are a few things that it could be...but don't give up on it, cause when it works, it rocks.

If you do have level ten, try taking out all the shims, and using the smallest carrier that doesn't leak...and make sure to put a lot of oil through it...level 10 like the oil:) See if any of that helps...

-Dave

COCKERKING
04-01-2003, 09:12 PM
thanks brak the level ten is already installed and a local owner who is a avid mag fan and life long mag shooter could not figure it out he said to bring it bakc and he would take another look at it

cgrieves
04-02-2003, 07:05 AM
First things first try increasing the velocity adjuster (on the back of the vale, screw in to increase).

If that doesn't work, degass, take the valve out of the gun and pull the bolt off the power tube. If you have a power tube tip with a notch (so you can unscrew the tip with a coin) then it is a level 7 bolt. If it has flats for a spanner then it is the level 10 bolt.

Now, if it's level 10, did he give you the rest of the kit (lots of brass carriers, two other springs, spare o rings etc). If so, unscrew the power tube tip, put some autolube (or at a pinch sewing machine oil) in the power tube, especially in the center of the brass carrier you can see. Put the tube tip back on and try firing. Sometimes just lubing the gun fixes it.

If not, disassemble again, remove the power tube tip, carefully remove the shims (noting how many there are) and pull out the brass carrier that you can see in the power tube. It shouldn't fall out on it's own so you may need to use a pick to pull it out. Note the direction of the o-ring in the carrier, it should be facing in to the gun. Take the oring out of the carrier, and install it in the next size carrier up- size is denoted by lines and dots: A line is 1, a dot is 0.5. So for example if you have two lines (2), install the oring in the carrier with two lines and a dot (2.5). Reassemble being careful the shims sit flat on the carrier. Just nip up the power tube tip, don't use a lot of torque.

Try firing the gun again.

If none of that works, go to the Level 10 section on automags.org and follow the level 10 installation instructions from scratch.

COCKERKING
04-02-2003, 07:55 PM
thanks alot ill have to try that ill get back to you and tell you if it works

Mav D MagMan
04-02-2003, 11:37 PM
Ahem: He said... "Adjusted Sear..." Maybe the Powertube isn't being engaged?

Hey cockerking, try and find what the sear rod length should be (it's posted on here somewhere!) and check it against yours, they may have borked it instead of helped it.

It may just be that...(not level 10)
Mav