PDA

View Full Version : Cool New Tank Cover!!!

DiRTyBuNNy
04-01-2003, 09:10 PM
I picked a tank cover from a company called Kalibur this past weekend at the PanAm-Los Angeles. They were at World Cup last year and can be found at www.kaliburtech.com (the website doesn't seem to be up yet but that is the one that's listed on the info sheet that i took from the booth...I'll get a picture up in a little bit.) The cool think about their tank covers is that they're made from a PVC platisol that in their words "creates a water tight bond between the tank and the cover." You may have seen these covers before as they are the same cover that most people thought was photoshopped onto the new MaxFlo in the picture of the New Shocker. The nicest thing about them is that because they are transparent you can see the hydro date with the cover on, and these babies fit super tight so you'll never have to worry about it coming off. The butt end is a nice rubbery plastic kind of like the WDP Skinz but with out the "bumps." The cost for the tank cover was $20 and it is supposed to retail for about $30.

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=719195

pbguy888
04-01-2003, 09:53 PM
So the part where you can see the fiber , is a transparent cover? Cool!

darklord
04-01-2003, 10:38 PM
I believe smart parts makes a similar cover called tank armor...

Blazestorm
04-01-2003, 11:24 PM
Yup, my local store has "tank armor" in different colors, that is what is on the new maxys. :D

PsychoBaller
04-02-2003, 02:06 AM
Bah...... I still think by far the best tank cover on the market is the Dye Rhino Azz ones...... Best protection from a tank cover, tough, skeletal thiker foam design.... 02 and 03s are pretty much the same cept for the patch that is diff. but they are sweet.

PaInTbAlLeR476
04-02-2003, 10:06 AM
My blue one is back ordered from dye!!!!!!:mad: