PDA

View Full Version : Help- Must pull up on barrel to fire

lordgroom
04-02-2003, 11:24 AM
2 problems-

While removing my trigger frame, body rail, and body a metal washer fell out and I don’t know where it goes. Please help me.

Also. Without that washer when I try to fire my mag it doesn’t fire. I hear a little gas being expelled but the bolt cannot enter the barrel and the bolt is not pushed back to the re-cocked position. When I lift the very end of the barrel, the bolt re-cocks. Maintaining upward pressure on the end of the barrel allows my gun to fire normally. I did replace the o-rings on the barrel, adjusted the barrel twist lock pin upwards and finally installed the metal washer over the barrel adjust pin. The washer in that position worked and the gun fires perfectly except the body does not sit flush in the body rail.

Here is what I have:
Mag classic PF right
Lvl 10
Dye Stainless 10”
Dye 1X trigger frame
Gas through and vert adapter
Running off HPA

Treid to call tech support but no one is available until next week.

xen_100
04-02-2003, 01:11 PM
that little washer that fell out was more than likely the rail bushing. it goes in the bodyrail where your field strip screw goes in. it keeps the rail and the grip frame aligned. put it back and I bet your problem will go away.

lordgroom
04-02-2003, 01:25 PM
Ok, I will give that a try.
I thought the bushing was the sleeve that accepts the field strip screw.

xen_100
04-02-2003, 01:35 PM
it is, that is still there?

then I dont know what washer would have fallen out.

edwards888
04-02-2003, 01:49 PM
Friend of Lordgroom and was present for the above problem. It is definitely NOT the rail bushing. It is a thin black metal oring/spacer that is in question. I also have a mag (built from scratch) and I do NOT have one on my mag.

I read on another post that the bolt hitting/rubbing on the barrel may be do to the field strip screw not being tight enough.
Can anyone confirm this?

Also, from the AGD store about the field strip screw: "The Field Strip Screw holds your valve in place. Comes with a small urethane rubber washer on the base to prevent it from vibrating out. Make sure you tighten it with a wrench."

Last thought: Lordgroom's mag was bought used. Could some have replaced the urethane rubber washer with this mysterious metal washer?

Thanks for all the help guys/gals!

xen_100
04-02-2003, 01:53 PM
well if the feild strip screw in not tight enough (ussualy hand tight is enough for mine) then it could cause the body and the valve to ride up a bit and cause the binding you are seeing.

I guess what I would do is take the bodt off the rail and make sure there is nothing in there that is causing it to ride up wierd. then put it all back together. sometimes that is all it takes.

Lee
04-02-2003, 04:54 PM
treat it likes it's a washer for the front frame screw. i don't know if that will help or not, but it's worth a shot.

lordgroom
04-02-2003, 05:49 PM
I just used an allen wrench on the field strip screw. No luck. Then I added the washer to the field strip screw. Still doesn't working but the gun will re-cock by itself. I tried a flexible washer but it got crushed under pressure. Looking for a thicker washer.

BlackVCG
04-02-2003, 06:17 PM
That black washer goes on the front frame screw that screws into the the mainbody to hold it down.

lordgroom
04-03-2003, 12:33 AM
BlackVCG...tell me your first name and I will consider naming my first born after you. Seriously, that was the problem. That screw was pressing into the barrel without the washer. I am now up and running.