PDA

View Full Version : Edboe's Classic Fed Body, "Super Warp"

edboe
04-02-2003, 04:48 PM
Ok Guy’s, here is my toy. I have been working on this for a couple of months and I have made may adjustments and improvements. As you can see in the pictures, this is a low, side feed, warp body and rail, made from a classic feed mag body and a standard rail (except for RT Pro and Emag), that allows you to view the field down both sides and the top of the body. This is similar to the Xmag with the warp setup, just at a much lower expense and it will fit everything from a Classic to an Emag ( I haven’t tried the pumps or old style RT). This is being put here in this forum for your enjoyment in hopes that I can improve the field of sight for all you guys using warps and looking over or around the power feed tube.
I called Tom Kaye today he says they have a lot of the standard feed bodies in stock. So if you order now , you can start your project. You may want to pick up a body rail too, so you can cut up your old rail and be able to put it back together when you want to.
I would like to thank Bensong and Rougefactor for their silence while I considered patening this idea. I have now decided to allow all of you in this forum to have this information to make these”Classic feed super warp” setups.
I am sure you will have questions and you are welcome to ask, but I am a self employed Sign Maker and this is a very busy time for me. I will try to check this at least once a day.

Thank you, and enjoy
Ed Smith (edboe)

Edboe@aol.com

Fatjon
04-02-2003, 04:51 PM
I dont have a question but it is nice

manike
04-02-2003, 04:59 PM
Nice :)

I did something just like it... back in err '96 I think. ;)

I believe Jonneh now has the original mag body I made, but I still have an RT version of it...

Ironmag
04-02-2003, 05:00 PM
I just have one question, what do you have to do with the barrels? Do you mill them so that it can line up with the feed hole?

pito189
04-02-2003, 05:01 PM
That is awesome. Excellant job man. :)

Remington
04-02-2003, 05:03 PM
Heh, I had the very same idea awhile back but just never had the warp feed to test it out. Nice job, I love the way it looks; I'm sure it plays very tight too. :D

Ultimator
04-02-2003, 05:03 PM
Very nice and very creative. I have the same question that Ironmag does though: What about the barrels? Did you just mill the side of the body with the sear slot, on/off hole, and barrel thingy (the thing that holds your barrels on the twistlock)? I'm very interested in how you did this, could you post a little step-by-step on what you did?

edboe
04-02-2003, 05:09 PM
I didn't make any barrel mods. I thought that would take away from it. If you look at the top of the body you will see a small set screw that I threaded into an old sight rail and rounded it off on the inside so it won't damage the barrels. That holds the barrel and keeps you from modifiing the barrels.

Ed

edboe
04-02-2003, 05:13 PM
I will get some more photo's and a play by play soon. Yes I did cut a slot for the sear and the on/off. I also cut a large section of the rail out to accept the low feed angle.

Ed

shartley
04-02-2003, 05:18 PM
Does your Revy have on a TUBE TOP?!?!?!? ;)

edboe
04-02-2003, 05:21 PM
These 2 bodies are from my classics, they can also go on the Emag but I tried to do away with the bulky barrel lock screw and plate that you see(brass nut). You can also see the cut outs for the sear and on/off.

Ed

edboe
04-02-2003, 05:25 PM
Yes that is a tube top!(actually it is the cuff of my 3 year olds pants that just fit it perfect) It's only fallen down once. Imagine my imbarassment. The guys at the field can't get over that either. I originally put a slice about 1" wide right down the side for the classic with warp, but when I went to the Emag it had to be widened due to a different fit.

Ed

pito189
04-02-2003, 05:27 PM
What purpose does it serve?:confused:

FutureMagOwner
04-02-2003, 05:40 PM
i assume he drilled his hopper and thats to hold the balls in now

edboe
04-02-2003, 06:27 PM
Can't go around with my balls falling out.

Ed

rehme
04-02-2003, 06:36 PM
sweet!!!

JT2002
04-02-2003, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by edboe
(actually it is the cuff of my 3 year olds pants that just fit it perfect)
Ed
is that what we (used to own a mag) AO'ers have come too? butchering up our poor helpless childrens clothes just so we can make our hoppers look "cool"?:( little johnny must be so dissapointed about how u massacred his pants. HOW COULD YOU!! :D

edboe
04-02-2003, 07:35 PM
These go with an earlier post

Ed

edboe
04-02-2003, 07:36 PM
More pics

edboe
04-07-2003, 05:28 PM
PIC #1 Here are 2 of my early Prototypes. The one on the bottom is more adjustable due to the width of the holes for the sear and on/off. The short feed tube makes for an easy hookup to the warp tube. I also put an additional blowback hole in the feed tube on the bottom one which will also let you see the balls in the tube and barrel alignment will be easier if needed.

PIC #2 Here are the pieces needed to hold the barrel in place. On the body is an assembled barrel lock. The angled piece of metal is locked in place(right through the original barrel locks body hole) by the knurled nut with a set screw threaded through it.

If you can improve on this please send me the info.
Thanks
Ed

Halliday
04-07-2003, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by JT2002

is that what we (used to own a mag) AO'ers have come too? butchering up our poor helpless childrens clothes just so we can make our hoppers look "cool"?:( little johnny must be so dissapointed about how u massacred his pants. HOW COULD YOU!! :D

I think the PANTS are 3-yrs old, not the person wearing them.

Great job on the body.

edboe
04-07-2003, 07:50 PM
In my defense, He outgrew them and they were in the rags bin.

Ed