PDA

View Full Version : Random bloopers

Crighton
04-03-2003, 10:42 AM
My friend and I both have new level 7 mini mags. Both of them will get a random half power shot that just sails out of the barrel during heavy shooting. I might be able to rip through an entire hopper and get one blooper. The next shot is at full power. Whats the problem?

Ones set up on remote co2 with gas through grip. The other one is setup on hpa, gas through grip and drop forward. Both of them have the same problem.

Brak
04-03-2003, 03:17 PM
i think somehow your valve is being starved for air. check your velocity, disassemle your gun to see if anything is clogged or you have a screwed up o ring, and make sure your HPA tank has enough output (650-850 psi)

Crighton
04-03-2003, 03:47 PM
Guns are both running 275-285 fps, The o-rings all look good. Nothings dirty in the reg (there less than 2 weeks old). Bottles putting out enough pressure. Its odd I played the entire day last weekend and it happend 2 times the entire day. My friend said he had it happen 3 times.

Should I take the time to remove the gas through grips and run the bottle verticle to cut out possibility of flow blocage in my gas system some other place?

Toakes22
04-03-2003, 05:14 PM
I think it may just be shootdown. Does it happen after a long string of balls or what?

xen_100
04-03-2003, 06:16 PM
you are just short stroking it. once you have the mag for a while you will learn the trigger and it wont do that anymore. the LX bolt solves this too.

FlipShot
04-03-2003, 06:56 PM
if your not letting the trigger all the way out in between shots you won't open the valve all the way and you'll get a nasty shoot down.

Crighton
04-04-2003, 09:00 AM
Thats probably what it is. I'm probably not letting the trigger out all the way. It always happens in the middle of a long string of balls.