PDA

View Full Version : question for u

Ifortysixntwoi
04-03-2003, 01:16 PM
retro/x classic z-gripped mag ... going with adjustable air system ... apocalypse 2k 88 45 ... we play outside sometimes and i want enuff air for the day ... as i understand it the retro can operate from 700 psi to 900 psi ... the input pressure effects how the trigger feels ... i would jsut like some information from anyone really ... about the whatifs ... hence ... at 700 spongy trigger not much response/longer distance blah ... so on and so forth ... that may not be right ... i have never experimented with my input pressure ... i had a pe tank ... i am thinking i like the way the the older rt's worked ... with that great barely touch the trigger thing get 100 shots before u know it ... but at the same time im not so sure thats great for the sear and whatnot ... i hope u fellas understand what i am saying ... and i am looking forward to getting soem helpful info .. thanks agd for a very expensive but sweet mag .... ;-P ... keep gamin ;-)

p.s. what do u need a anti-chop eye for? I NEVER chop paint ... literally

ChucktheMAGician
04-03-2003, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Ifortysixntwoi
... i hope u fellas understand what i am saying ... and i am looking forward to getting soem helpful info ..
p.s. what do u need a anti-chop eye for? I NEVER chop paint ... literally

Kinda lost me there:confused: There isn't a question until the end. I'm not sure what the ACE is for either, I have level x and no need for it:D

Ifortysixntwoi
04-03-2003, 07:09 PM
ok so ... mags input pressure for a retro valve ... specs are 700 to 900 psi ... i am getting an adjustable tank ... i would like some information regarding ... the psi input and what is likely to happen at that input ... so ... ive got 700 psi going to my retro valve i would imagine because its just enough to ready the system to fire ... the trigger would feel spongy and not have the greatest amount of response "psuhback" but ... as i raise the input pressure the response increases "more pushback" ... im jstu confused as to will higher psi effect distance or likeely hood to chop ... whatever ... or the lower psi maybe the same thigns apply ... i am jsut interested in any information anyone may have to offer to me ... so i can keep this in mind when i am testing my paintball gun for in my opinion the proper input pressure ... or does agd recomend that the valve stay at 800psi regardless due to poblems that may occur ... i read that agd recomends 800 psi ... but is it for optimal performance or jstu cuz it's a challenge to dial in just the right amount of input pressure to maximize the markers performance ... or should i jstu stay with a screw in tank cuz the input pressure makes no difference what-so-ever ... personally i dont care it will jstu save me some cash ... i'll get a pro-disconect and stay with my screw in tank ... ive always went with pe on the screw ins i beleive the output pressure is 850 or soemthing ... so ... maybe this helps to clerify ... im not into science n stuff so i really can't explain to u in any other than a less than scientific method ;-P ... lol i've done very well with my amrker so far ... my extended grip is firmly placed on my marker ... i heard ppl complaining about that ... my lvl 10 is awesome ... and my z-grip functions perfectly ... well thanks for reading this insanely long post ... but i ahd to explain see-n as how the guy was like ... what?!?!

ChucktheMAGician
04-03-2003, 09:47 PM
as i raise the input pressure the response increases "more pushback" ... im jstu confused as to will higher psi effect distance or likeely hood to chop ... whatever ...

Yes, the higher the pressure the great the push back. A screw in will work but often not give you the quick trigger return that so many people like. Input pressure will not directly effect distance, velocity, as that is controlled by the mag's valve. I wouldn't think it would effect chopping either, but you said that you have level ten so that is irrelevant. Using punctation marks like periods and question marks can greatly increase the amount of responses that you get!;) :rolleyes: :D

Ifortysixntwoi
04-03-2003, 10:39 PM
i can do whatever i please as long as it's within the specified input levels. There is nothing to worry about that u know of regarding negative or positive results; Regarding the input pressure being increased or decreased? I thank u for your time and i hope somone else gives me some information as well. Seriously does punctuation matter that much? It's a forum not a paper for my professor. haha later :D :confused: :cool:

ChucktheMAGician
04-03-2003, 10:49 PM
At some point if the pressure gets high enough it will vent out the back. Also running it high, near full auto will wear harder on some of the internals. Running it to low may give you crazy fluctuations and drop off. I'm surprised someone hasn't mentioned it earlier but this isn't really "Deep Blue" material! More people tend to browse Paintball Talk and the Automags Tech Forum. I happened upon you because i just look at everything that's recent. Hope I was helpful and happy pballing!

Ifortysixntwoi
04-03-2003, 11:05 PM
I want real true solidified information regarding my question. Why would i want some dude that has played paintball for like a year and read some stuff about cockers and impulses telling me about how i should get optimal performance out of my mag? haha A little blwn out of proportion, but maybe not that far from the truth. Eh? So,if that's the case i would be better off just researching, "like i did" and coming up with my own answers. After reading almost everything in this forum i decided that i would most likey get the type of information i was looking for. you've been a great help. I already knew this much but it helps when someone concurrs and elaborates. It's interesting how much science there is behind ... everything! Then again maybe this question isn't something that even matters that much. It seems to me thus far to be a preference thing.

Ifortysixntwoi
04-04-2003, 02:40 AM
I'll restake the question. I apoligize for not taking the time to write in complete sentances and all that. chuck the magician told me it wasn't cool.

Ok.
1). retro valve operarting pressure's ... 700psi. - 900psi.

2). agd recomends 800psi.

3). Is that optimal operating pressure?

4). By adjusting the output pressure of a tank hence duel regulation is there any other advantages beside; better shot to shot consistancy and adjusting the response of the trigger itself (pushback)?

5). chuck the magician tells me that, low pressure would cause fluctuations and drop off. It seems though, if u are duely regulated and running an up to date system. There would be none of that kind of thing going on. The tank itself should deliver exactly 700psi no matter how fast u pull the trigger right?
Just to elaborate on what i read. Venting gasses out of the back of the amrker would only happen if the internal pressure was to great. correct? I had this problem with the longest spring on lvl x and trying to get my marker to 300fps. Easy fix though, next size down dial her in. POW she runs like a champ!

That's as much as i know at the moment. I was hoping i could get one of u scientific individuals who have maybe tested this out to tell me your experience, since i dont have unlimited air and cases of paint to optimize performance. If it's just a preference thing, which i am assuming the question is. Then, just say, hey listen ... stop bothering us and play with it yourself! thanks ;-)

-=Squid=-
04-09-2003, 07:25 PM
That is the most hard to read post ever, the ...'s are hanus! Now, back to the subject, sorry.

Ifortysixntwoi
04-10-2003, 01:57 AM
nobody ever said i was a scientist smart guy ... i just want someone who can maybe tell me "truth" to help me out with ... WHAT PRESSURE "PRESSURE'S" are optimal for a retro valve ... later