PDA

View Full Version : Some questions on Nitro...

Frank (the spank)
04-03-2003, 01:52 PM
If there is a page I can read up on this, please link me!

New to the nitro world..

So if I have a Nitro tank, to re-fill it all I need is a scuba tank and a nitro fill station?!? I see scuba tanks for around $100 or so and fill stations for like $80.. $200 and I can re-fill Nitro?!? Damn! There has to be something I'm missing..

The tanks, "pre-set", does that mean I just can't adjust the pressure, it is fixed? I am getting an eMag, what is a good cheap nitro setup?

Thank you for any help :)

fire1811
04-03-2003, 02:03 PM
well first good preset tanks for around $200 are pmi pure enery and crossfire tanks, thats for 4500psi, 3000psi is cheaper.

and you only need a scuba tank adn fill station if YOU want to refill your own tanks. you would still have to get the scuba tank filled when it runs out.

if your by a pb field i would just get it filled there.

and yes preset cannot be ajusted
i know pmi presets are 800psi
most are around 750psi to 850psi
which is good for a mag

Frank (the spank)
04-03-2003, 04:54 PM
Thank you Fire for the info :)

Damn... that just seems so cheap. Any places sell the tank and the fill station together?

How much do scuba shops charge to fill a tank?

I plan on shooting a lot since I'm gettin at eMag :)

Dayspring
04-03-2003, 04:58 PM
Just remember- you won't get LOTS of fills out of it. You may get a few 3000 fills (2800 more likely) but the more you fill out of the scuba tank, the less fill you get. So at the end of a day of play, you may only get 1500 or so PSI. Which really won't run the gun very long.

Frank (the spank)
04-03-2003, 05:06 PM
Ah, thats what I figured. Just a supply for myself will be good. I just want enough that if I am playing a game I can keep myself supplied for the day and expect to have my tank re-filled before I play the next weekend.

Any recomendation on a good nitro system around $200? Something I can have a cradle with a quick disconnect.

Whats the Honda Civic of nitro tanks? lol

Thanks again for the info. :)

rehme
04-03-2003, 05:16 PM
pmi and crossfire i perfer pmi i had less problems with mine and it seems to have a higher output

fire1811
04-03-2003, 09:40 PM
i like pmi pure energy's also
68/4500 are $200 and have a five year hydro date

crossfires are good too

FalconGuy016
04-03-2003, 09:53 PM
Crossfires are known for more consistant regs though

Mossman
04-03-2003, 09:58 PM
I'd mosey on over to air america too, I think they have raptor 68/4500s for around 200 bucks. They're completely adjustable, no output guage but you can put a "T" fitting and a guage in the airlines to your gun. Many common clamping cradles will fit them, and some "raptor" cradles are made specifically for them. Especially for a RT/Emag I'd suggest that over a screw in for the same price.

You won't find any stores that sell fill stations and tanks together. Probably less than 1% of ballers have their own scuba tank.

You'll most likely pay between $3 and $8 to fill your scuba, i pay 5.

Enjoy the emag!