PDA

View Full Version : ATTN--ACE board owners!

Dayspring
04-03-2003, 03:22 PM
I have a possible problem.

I just got my Xmag and I though- Hey, way cool. I took it apart and see the ACE board with the ACE eye. Here's the weird part. My eye has the black casing at its tip, but is sitting suspended on a tower of goo (resin). I saw Wonderpug's Xmag last night and he had a black casing around said "Goo Tower" and it caused me a moment of concern.

Please- check your ACE boards and tell me if you have this casing or do you have the "Goo Tower." I want to see if it's been a design change or an oversight in manufacturing.

fire1811
04-03-2003, 03:26 PM
goo goo gaa gaa here also

cphilip
04-03-2003, 03:33 PM
I let you know for sure tonight. Lets get some pictures up of these...

Dayspring
04-03-2003, 03:34 PM
If you can wait until 6, I'd be happy to.

cphilip
04-03-2003, 03:36 PM
Me too should have one of mine around that time...

ben_JD
04-03-2003, 03:38 PM
I have goo. There is a casing that is set in the body, but the acce board itself just has goo.

cphilip
04-03-2003, 03:43 PM
We are talking about the eye were it comes into the body right? That caseing around the eye there?

PsychoBaller
04-03-2003, 03:59 PM
Uhh..... Day thats not good... if paint gets on the resin goo it will eat away at it. There is supposed to be a black cover that sits over the "tower of goo". Take a look at this link to when I first got my SFL back... pictures of the ACE cover while on the "tower" - http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=63751&highlight=SFL+Ace+LX

There are a couple of pictures a bunch of posts down of the ACE Cover while on the "tower" while the gun is assembled, but with the breech off. If you dont have this cover... you better get one ASAP

~da baller

fire1811
04-03-2003, 04:03 PM
psychoballer if his is like mine it has the black cover on top in the breech we are talking about if you take the
grip off the rest is just siliconed.

magman007
04-03-2003, 04:24 PM
yea, where the bottom of the casing meets the board, it is just goo... Ive got it too, i think they all do

Dayspring
04-03-2003, 04:26 PM
Not wonderpug's. His has a black casing around the goo. I'm just trying to figure out if it was a design change or an oversight. If it was a change, just curious why. If it was an oversight, I'd like to get it repaired.

Originally posted by magman007
yea, where the bottom of the casing meets the board, it is just goo... Ive got it too, i think they all do

cphilip
04-03-2003, 04:29 PM
Not sure we are on the same wavelength anymore. The pictures will help us see where you are talking about.

snakestang
04-03-2003, 05:15 PM
That black cover should be attached to the board. The epoxy (goo) may not have set to the plastic and it came off. But, that cover should be over the ACE.

ChuckWag78
04-03-2003, 05:39 PM
I thought AGD dropped the ace idea after level 10 came out?

Whats the point now anyway, LVL10=NO CHOP
So why do you need the ACE

G-Rock
04-03-2003, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by ChuckWag78

So why do you need the ACE

OVERKILL, that is the point. I love having both. It rocks.

Oh and I got the gooo, with the black cover on it.

chris geiger

Dayspring
04-03-2003, 08:42 PM
I don't have that...

Originally posted by snakestang
That black cover should be attached to the board. The epoxy (goo) may not have set to the plastic and it came off. But, that cover should be over the ACE.

Load SM5
04-03-2003, 08:56 PM
Just the goo pile here.

fire1811
04-03-2003, 09:38 PM
we are all a bunch of goobers :p

cphilip
04-03-2003, 09:40 PM
Mine looks like Snakestangs from the top up without me taking the body off to be sure under there. Has that black thimble looking cap on it and ends about where his does. I suspect mine looks exactly like his under the body but definately from there up they are exactly the same. My pictures are too fuzzy to show it.

Are you saying with the thing all assembled and you just taking the feed module off yours is not just a completely cylindrical plastic black thimble with a flat top? Mine is.

cphilip
04-03-2003, 09:49 PM
This picture is horrible but maybe you can make out the black plastic cone...

fire1811
04-03-2003, 09:51 PM
yes chphilip we have the cap on top but if you take your
grip off there rest of the ace is goooooiiiieee

magman007
04-03-2003, 09:54 PM
yep, i deffinitely do not have the goo cover cap, i jkust got goo.... then again, i fried my ace as well! you all saw that thread, no need to dwell... but i will be replacing it! and i will demand a goo cover now! hehehe ;)

darklord
04-03-2003, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by ChuckWag78

So why do you need the ACE As others have said, overkill... it's just an extra assurance. I mean, why NOT have it? :D But also, in manual only the level 10 works. The ACE is extra assurance, plus with it on the board is capped around 20 or so bps, 4-6 more than the board with the ACE off, capable of 16....

cphilip
04-03-2003, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by fire1811
yes chphilip we have the cap on top but if you take your
grip off there rest of the ace is goooooiiiieee

Yes fire but what you are missing is they seem to not have THE CAP! Er... I think... I not sure what they have since we still not seen it but I am thinking thats what they are talking about... part of the cap?

Load SM5
04-03-2003, 11:03 PM
Phil, what they are talking about can't be seen unless you take the mainbody off of the frame. From the cap down apparently should have a plastic cone that covers the ACE stem. Some have it, and some have a pile of what looks like silicone surrounding the ACE stem.

Dayspring
04-03-2003, 11:31 PM
Here's a pic of my Xmag first hand.

As you can see, it's UNDER the breech (which I should have said originally) but there is no plastic cover to the ACE wires.

WonderPug
04-03-2003, 11:50 PM
I got no goo! I got no goo! La la la la la dee da, Ive got not Goo!

A little insanity from the mentally insane.

Pug

Dayspring
04-04-2003, 12:09 AM
After some fiddling in chat with Datapimp's help, it turns out the little black shroud IN the breech is the same piece in question. It's notched and sticks in the body. It looks like it WAS glued but it doesn't stick.

That's what I get for thinking about my Xmag at work. :p

In any case, I think the mystery has been solved. HOWEVER, I don't care that they stick in the body and NOT on the board where they should be.

JEDI
04-04-2003, 10:11 AM
Nick, just to confirm, I'm very gealous of your new toy. Thats they exact color I would chose. To tell you the truth I wouldn't care what color I had though. I'd even shoot Capo's mega girly gun. Its an X-mag. What ever. But good luck to you! If I was even slightly more insane, I'd slap some plastic down at PBX and buy the purple one. Damn!

That gun will forever be a thorn in my side!!

Dayspring
04-04-2003, 10:21 AM
:D

Originally posted by JEDI
Nick, just to confirm, I'm very gealous of your new toy. Thats they exact color I would chose. To tell you the truth I wouldn't care what color I had though. I'd even shoot Capo's mega girly gun. Its an X-mag. What ever. But good luck to you! If I was even slightly more insane, I'd slap some plastic down at PBX and buy the purple one. Damn!

That gun will forever be a thorn in my side!!

dansim
04-04-2003, 10:39 AM
i had the goo too but the case is still in the gun body if you look at it. so all the peiices are ther just in a different spt, dont worry about it

Dayspring
04-04-2003, 10:42 AM
Yeah. We (datapimp and myself) figured it out last night. I was under the impression that they (sleeve and cone) were two different pieces, but I was mistaken.

RobAGD
04-04-2003, 11:45 AM
Ok you guys here is the deal :)

The guns ACE sensor stands up and had a hard plastic cone over it. In order to help support teh sensor they full the area with silicon (goo) and it should adhear to the casing.

The probelm is that the casing also has an oring on it that it to keep paint from running down into the electronics if you happen to break paint.

Problem is the oring tends to have more balls than the goo and when you remove the body the casing comes with it leaving the tower of goo :)

-Robert

Dayspring
04-04-2003, 12:02 PM
Thank you Rob. That's the answer we've been looking for.

And I think I coined the new term "Tower of Goo" around here. :D

GOO!!

cphilip
04-04-2003, 01:41 PM
Let this be a lesson to you Day...you got no reason to be in there messing around anyway and then what you don't know won't hurt you... :D

Dayspring
04-04-2003, 01:58 PM
1) I need to be in there if I'm adjusting my trigger magnets
2) I need to be in there to adjust the trigger set screw

:p

It WILL teach me to post about it without the marker in my hand though... I was just curious b/c It was sitting on Wonderpug's board and mine stuck in the body. Just weird that's all.