PDA

View Full Version : Why does'nt my gun chop balls !

FlipShot
04-03-2003, 07:05 PM
I hear all this talk about chopping balls and such, but
I never had this problem. I'm still using the stock fomieless bolt with a standard feed and I break maybe a ball a case. is my finger just to slow? or is my gun blessed.

Tunaman
04-03-2003, 07:08 PM
Thats impossible...everyone knows that ALL MAGS Chop!:D :D :D

FlipShot
04-03-2003, 07:14 PM
well it burps every now and then but thats only because I was a jack *** and filed the on/off pin down. Need to grab a new one before I start playing again.

Demobilized
04-03-2003, 07:21 PM
People who short stroke like to complain and so the mag has gotten a bad rep. But i never used to chopped and know i have a lvl 10 so its not a problem.

FlipShot
04-03-2003, 07:33 PM
I'd like to get a Lvl 10 but since I don't have a problem chopping balls it's seems like more trouble then it's worth, unless you tell me the Lvl. 10 will give me a better trigger feel and a longer flying paintball.

GatoLoco
04-03-2003, 09:46 PM
"ooooooohhhhh the paint actually SHOOTS out of mags, i better buy something else quick!" jk

:D

wdyer14
04-03-2003, 11:40 PM
I think mags get a bad rap.I play in tournaments at least once a month and shoot 1-2 cases every practice with maybe 1 or 2 breaks.I don't have the fastest finger but I can lay 4-6 bps all day.A level x is in my future though,because no ball breaks is a better option than one at the wrong time.Good paint a decent velocity(270-280)and plastic nubbins work magic.however the old non powerfeeds sometimes caused a mess.

jayel579
04-04-2003, 08:06 PM
yo why are you complaining about it, i wish my mag didnt chop. but then i got a level 10 and solved that problem.;)

FlipShot
04-04-2003, 08:11 PM
I think it's just that my finger is slow.

hitech
04-04-2003, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by FlipShot
I'd like to get a Lvl 10 but since I don't have a problem chopping balls it's seems like more trouble then it's worth...

That's what my brother though also. I bought him one for Christmas anyway. He loves it. His ROF has increased since he doesn't have to worry about how he pulls the trigger. Try shooting your 'mag as fast as possible. If you still never chop, then level 10 may not be for you. :D

frost
04-04-2003, 08:15 PM
hey same here my mag has never chopped and i was using co2 i went thro like 10 chased of 2000 pmi premiums and ive never chopped i dont about nitro cuz i havent gottin it in the mail but so far it looks like ill be skipping the lvl 10

:D i guess my mag (powerfeed) is blessed to but yet i dont believe in god sorry for those who do maybe the underworld has a hand in this one!?!?!?!?!

frost
04-04-2003, 08:16 PM
oo that part about sorry for those who do didnt come out right i met like if u think im going to hell now sorry that i dont believe:rolleyes:

FlipShot
04-04-2003, 08:34 PM
I let my finger rip when I play and still never chop, maybe after I get back into paintball ( it's been about 4 years since I've played ) I'll end up getting a x valve anyhow.

Enigma4you
04-05-2003, 12:40 AM
Hey untill this week the valve I had was so old it didnt have stars (6 years ?)and I never ever not even once chopped a ball. I upgraded to the X valve this week, with the rt trigger now and the level 10 we tried to make it chop a ball and could not. Spend the money spend the time and do it. Oh, I have shot alot of other mags and unless there was something wrong with the gun I dont chop. I have found that learning to shoot the gun is better than any upgrade money can buy.

WARPED1
04-05-2003, 02:55 PM
I never chopped enough for it to bother me, every once in a blue moon. I got LX kits on both my mags anyway, just in case. This is my first EMag!

FlipShot
04-06-2003, 12:19 AM
[i]I have found that learning to shoot the gun is better than any upgrade money can buy. [/B]

I totally agree.

FeelTheRT
04-06-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by FlipShot
is my finger just to slow? or is my gun blessed.

your finger is slow =)
Mag is a machanical marker, it is hard to shoot over 8bps on a machanical marker thus you will never chop from firing too fast, unless your not using an aggitated hopper.

50 cal
04-06-2003, 05:21 PM
I chopped a few when I first got my RT. Just took the time to learn the trigger, then I could really rip.

Chopping was never a problem with my E Mag but got the Lvl 10 anyway just to be sure. It was my first electro.

GT
04-06-2003, 06:14 PM
every single one of my four mags rarely chops. I mean I get pissed when I slice one durring a whole day of play. Its kinda funny becuase my supposed Angel paintblender never shops either, no wait all 3 angels I have ever owned would never chop hmm.. here is a few tips for some of you chopaholics

1. learn how to shot your gun fast, not some spastic trigger. smooth and short thats how mags like it :)
2. Fresh batts. in the loader.
3. if something is wrong with your mag, fix it!!

jb:cool: