PDA

View Full Version : Doc? Punisher?

sneakyhacker420
04-03-2003, 09:14 PM
when AGD starts production on the new z-grips, i'm going to pick up a chrome one if one of you can somehow do this for me:

mill, drill, tap and anything necessary to make the z-grip fit onto my impulse

i've seen then on bushys... but will it work on my SneakyImp?

if one of you can do this, it'd be absolutely AWESOME :eek:

also, if ti would be possible... some trigger stops and whatnot on the Z-grip

shade23
04-03-2003, 09:18 PM
Well Doc says he can do darn near anything and to see his work I would have to agree. that is, if by Doc you mean Doc's Machine shop.

Xerces
04-03-2003, 10:00 PM
lol, 'when' they start production.

with x-mags, x-valves, and ule bodies, id say AGD has their hands full right now. however, talk to doc and some other people around the board, you can probably find someone willing to mill you a z-grip out of a brick of aluminum, for the right price that is.

Doc Nickel
04-03-2003, 10:52 PM
Easy. There's plenty of room in the grip for a microswitch and 9V. Drop me a line when you have the grip- installation's pretty quick.

And yes, I can make frames from raw stock, but they're not cheap since they take a great deal of time to machine. But hey, if you want something truly unique... :D

Doc.

sneakyhacker420
04-03-2003, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Doc Nickel
Easy. There's plenty of room in the grip for a microswitch and 9V. Drop me a line when you have the grip- installation's pretty quick.

And yes, I can make frames from raw stock, but they're not cheap since they take a great deal of time to machine. But hey, if you want something truly unique... :D

Doc.
how much would it cost to have you mill out a Z-grip to fit an impulse from raw stock... and then polish it?

i'd need it custom milled so that a trigger spring setup could be installed, having the holes align with the solenoid tray properly, and to have an adjustable trigger and whatnot... if you could get permission from Tom to do this ;)

Doc Nickel
04-03-2003, 11:18 PM
I usually quote custom grip frames- as in from scratch- at $200 and up. Total cost depends on how wild you want to get. Electros are somewhat easier than, say, frames for a Typhoon, since mounting a microswitch is easier than mounting the internal 4-way and bellcrank assembly.

I can also make custom wood, plastic or composite grips for the frame, it it turns out to be something really weird (like a Q-grip? :D )

I can make the trigger to go in it, or use any factory or aftermarket trigger- again, depending on shape and style.

Doc.

sneakyhacker420
04-04-2003, 04:32 PM
would it be possible to just take an old-style Z, mill it a bit and mod the trigger with some stops and stuff?

what's a quote to have something like that done?

EsPo
04-04-2003, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by sneakyhacker420
would it be possible to just take an old-style Z, mill it a bit and mod the trigger with some stops and stuff?

umm.. i can even do a trigger stop :D

poolshark5226
04-04-2003, 04:41 PM
Hey Doc, jw, how much would it cost for you to make a new trigger guard and install it onto a frame?