PDA

View Full Version : Smokee's New Anno on Z-Grip

VanGogo
04-03-2003, 11:39 PM
Smokee just finished re-anodizing his Zgrip, again. Hope he is finally happy with the color scheme.LOL
Here's Smokee putting his baby back together.
http://www.xpb.us/images/docz.jpg

An here is his latest color scheme the
Bead Blasted Bumble Bee Z
http://www.xpb.us/images/bbzL.jpg
http://www.xpb.us/images/bbzr.jpg
http://www.xpb.us/images/bbzt.jpg

-=Squid=-
04-03-2003, 11:46 PM
:eek: That is truly el pimpo! Did you do that yourself or did you have somebody do it for you? It looks great man, I love the color scheme!

VanGogo
04-03-2003, 11:51 PM
Smokee works for me at Xtreme Paintball, where we do anodizing. This is about the third color scheme he has done on this gun. He did it all in our anodizing "lab". The bead blast gives it that matte look.

Load SM5
04-04-2003, 12:00 AM
Very nice job guys. I love the fade.

Carl should be happy with that look for at least 3 weeks. He's so moody.;)

Ov3rmind
04-04-2003, 12:17 AM
That is very nice, sweet fade.

Smokee_2_7
04-04-2003, 12:28 PM
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I finally got it done! I finally got it Done!!!. Vangogo helped me alot - - he has taught me the ways of the fade- - heeheh. But I must say that I LIKE IT!.

Now i just gotta find a 45ci tank cover in yellow. . .

Carl

fire1811
04-04-2003, 02:20 PM
looks awesome man
i really like the color fade

now get back to workin on my warpleft breech :D

cannedheat
04-04-2003, 03:56 PM
Now i just gotta find a 45ci tank cover in yellow. . .

I think dye makes a tank cover that is black with yellow highlites that would look really nice on that. Nice marker btw.

rehme
04-04-2003, 04:20 PM
i like it:D

fire1811
04-04-2003, 04:26 PM
hey smokee how do you like the evolution on your warp?

Creative Mayhem
04-04-2003, 05:19 PM
Nice! The more I see of your shop's work, the more i want to have the Purple People Eater reanno'd. Keep up the good work. And don't worry, the PPE will me there soon.. well parts of it..

CM

Ryknow
04-05-2003, 12:16 AM
nice lookin anno Carl, glad to see you finally got it done.

Smokee_2_7
04-05-2003, 12:33 AM
Thanks to everyone for the compliments.

fire1811,

we can get to work on the breech as soon as we get it in :)
i Like the egg on the warp. Especially with the z-grip moving everything forward, the hopper is not up in my face like some people have experienced with it mounted on a warp with a regular grip frame. However, It does seem to be a bit bigger than my revvy, and the install is not as nice looking. (have a hole through the revvy- - nice, clean and tight) I may go back to the revvy and save the egg for the x-mag whenever it gets here.

cannedheat,
I didnt think that DYE covers came in a 45ci size. . Please correct me if Im wrong, I love those covers, and that would be the perfect thing for the setup if it's out there.

Creative Mayhem,

Thanks man! I don't know if you've caught on yet, but here at xpb we all pretty much have this purple thing going on. Barry *vangogo* definitly started it all off, but the addiction is growing. (heck, check out our team jerseys on the MGO pics on the website). Vangogo's timmy is purple-ish at the moment. (not going to ruin the suprise on what he has in store for the anno job on his own gun). My x-mag will be in purple. Ryknow's z-grip gun we did in that cool looking purple/ silver splash. Right now we are in process of doing an SFL in a deep shiney purple. Needless to say- - doing a purple makeover on the PPE would be right up our alley.

Tyler, You coming our to play stock class tomorrow?

PsychoBaller
04-05-2003, 12:35 AM
That's a pretty hot Color scheme goin on their....

WARPED1
04-05-2003, 01:33 AM
I was going to get that anno on my micro!

p8ntballsnowman
04-05-2003, 04:18 PM
wow is all i have to say. How much did it cost?

Smokee_2_7
04-05-2003, 08:04 PM
how much? nothing for me but my time- - I did most of the work myself. Vangogo helped me out with some of the finer points that I haven't quite mastered yet.

Carl

magnj
04-05-2003, 08:26 PM
nice nice gun, but you should hook her up with a ULE body. ANyway, I was wondering what that body rail is, I had one on my mag and I could never figure out what ut was and had never seen another one.

Load SM5
04-05-2003, 08:28 PM
Looks like a benchmark rail.

Smokee_2_7
04-05-2003, 10:17 PM
Naa, it's an old ANS body rail. Don't know if you can find them anymore.

Yeah, slug body is defninitly an idea. It will be a long time before this gun gets one. The first slug body i get (from a producer im sure most of you guys didnt even know was looking at making custom milled slugs) will be going on Mag #3-- at the moment a completely stock minimag, along with the matching milled bodyrail. After I get that gun all finished and perfect, i may look into putting another slug on this gun.

Carl