PDA

View Full Version : Tom, try using roughed up balls...

P8ntballerAK
04-04-2003, 02:23 AM
This is kind of an extension of the dimpled post. try roughing up the ball with sandpaper( but keepg it within tolerance) instrad of dimpling. I would like to see some test results on that, I am guessng there would be a performance gain but how much.

Let me know what you find,
thanks tom.

Darkling
04-05-2003, 05:16 PM
I don't know if this is going to be related to what you said at all, but bear with me here...

As for roughing up a paintball with sandpaper, I think that it would only create more spin, which would make your shots unpredictable. If you could control it once you found the proper spin, maybe it would work, but that is near impossible. In baseball, some pitchers hide a sheet of sandpaper in their glove and rough up the ball a little bit. When they throw a curveball, slider, or other breaking pitch, it creates more air resistance against the ball, making it drop/cut more, and go anywhere but straight.

If you roughed up the whole paintball, I have no idea what would happen. I think it would just make the shell weaker, maybe even to the point where it wouldn't even be able to stand the air blast...I dunno...

Well, I dunno if any of that made sense at all, so I'm sorry if you got lost here...

Darkling