PDA

View Full Version : What's the thinnest the sluggo can get?

FooTemps
04-04-2003, 02:54 AM
I can't find the answer so i decided to post a thread... and yes, i suck at searching...

MarkM
04-04-2003, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by FooTemps
I can't find the answer so i decided to post a thread... and yes, i suck at searching...

Yes you do ;) and it was only brought up again in the last week :rolleyes:

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7401&highlight=X+Mag+weight

The post from AGD is the one you are looking for.

Me
04-04-2003, 08:00 AM
wouldnt the thinest just be a ule?

MantisMag
04-04-2003, 11:53 AM
actually mark that post only says how thick the original stainless steel mainbodies are. it doesn't say how thick the sluggos need to be.

MarkM
04-04-2003, 12:53 PM
Well if you re-read the post I linked to ...and read that due to the inbuilt strength of stainless steel and that stainless steel has a given thickness AND is stronger than Ally then you should be able to work out that the thinnest an Ally body "can" be is at least as thick as the stainless steel ;)

Skoad
04-04-2003, 01:14 PM
i believe the ULE body isn't the thinnest the sluggo can go. its the thinnest it can be with having a respectable strength to it. You could mill your sluggo to however thin you want but eventually you'll get down to soda can strength.

Fatjon
04-04-2003, 01:38 PM
Well i give you the truth and only the truth the sluggo can be milled to 0", 0 mm, 0 anything

MantisMag
04-04-2003, 03:58 PM
mark - no the thinnest an aluminum body could be would be thicker than a stainless body... how much thicker we don't know. that is of course assuming that the stainless bodies are as thin as they can be.

so how much thicker does an aluminum body need to be to maintain a reasonable amount of structural integrity?

MarkM
04-04-2003, 04:26 PM
Well at least the thickness of the stainless is a good starting point :rolleyes: