PDA

View Full Version : Black ULE Mainbodies - PLEASE READ

AGD-OfficeGal
04-04-2003, 10:33 AM
We received only 50 black ULE mainbodies to start with, and none have been inspected yet. (Neither have any of the others - our Quality Control guy was off sick yesterday.) Tom put 25 of each color on the store, and black sold out very quickly. We would be irresponsible to put any more black on the store before they have passed inspection.

So please DO NOT CALL about black ULE mainbodies. We will put more on the store once we know how many have passed inspection. At present, no more are available, so if you've got your heart set on black, you'll have to wait.

By the way - the reason only 50 black were ordered was because y'all here on the forum were clamoring for colors. So why aren't the colors selling better, eh?

As the saying goes - be careful what you ask for - you may get it. :rolleyes:

AGD-DragonLady

Duke Henry
04-04-2003, 10:50 AM
I am still waiting for those clear ones I asked for...

;)

damageinc54
04-04-2003, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by AGD-OfficeGal
By the way - the reason only 50 black were ordered was because y'all here on the forum were clamoring for colors. So why aren't the colors selling better, eh?

As the saying goes - be careful what you ask for - you may get it. :rolleyes:

AGD-DragonLady

I beleive I can answer your question. Consider the amount of mags in the field that are black compared to colored. For years all AGD sold was guns in black and only limited numbers in color if any at all. Remember what a pain it was for me to get my Emag in red? I had to special order it and it cost $$$$$$$$. While every other gun on the market came in a rainbow of colors AGD guns were still coming in only black. That is why black will sell quicker that colors. There is a vastly higher ratio of black AGD guns in guys hands than there are colored AGD guns.

MantisMag
04-04-2003, 11:41 AM
25 gone in one day. they're not going to sell the rest until they know they've passed inspection. :rolleyes: :p

-=Squid=-
04-04-2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by MantisMag
25 gone in one day. they're not going to sell the rest until they know they've passed inspection. :rolleyes: :p

So what, if they dont pass inspection, 25 people get crap ones? What am I missing here?

heftylefty
04-04-2003, 11:52 AM
do they still have blue available? what is the status on the other colors? I hope the blue isnt out of stock cuz i just ordered one this morning.

SaS
04-04-2003, 11:55 AM
unless i missread something... they have more then the number that sold out... but they want to inspect all of them to make sure that they're not leaving anyone out in the cold waiting for the next batch, or having to cancel their order...
if 50 are gone and 3 didn't pass, 3people are out of luck or waiting... If 25 are gone and 3 didn't pass from the whole lot, then they can put 22 more out and noone is left freezing their buns off in the cold(50 -3 -25=22) total:D

**edit: note that all my numbers are made up, it would only be by luck if they are the same

MantisMag
04-04-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by -=Squid=-
So what, if they dont pass inspection, 25 people get crap ones? What am I missing here?

well i think it's pretty safe to assume at least half (that means 25) of the bodies will pass inspection. ;) in case you're really really slow, that means that they'll have at least 25 good ones to sell. the ones that don't pass won't be sold. if more than 25 pass those will be put up on the store afterward. are we clear now? :D there's 50 to start with.

Hexis
04-04-2003, 12:08 PM
Understanding that things will take time, are you planning on charging CCs for the orders now and shipping whenever? Or will you hold off on the CC charge until the bodies are a lil closer to shipping (like you have a real date).

And, what no green? How can you expect colors to sell when you picked the 'wrong' ones? ;)

DiRTyBuNNy
04-04-2003, 12:15 PM
Well..at least Creative Mayhem is happy about the color choices.

wyn1370
04-04-2003, 12:22 PM
must resist urge to purchase ULE body, must resist, must ....................
oh well

datapimp69
04-04-2003, 12:47 PM
wyn,

didnt you learn last year,

"Resistance is futile"

wyn1370
04-04-2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by datapimp69
wyn,

didnt you learn last year,

"Resistance is futile"
yep and we all know how well that worked out for me

omni
04-04-2003, 01:24 PM
I've got a black E-mag, so I ordered Black :D
IF there was a Dark Grey, or any Matte Finnishes I might have picked on of those up.

I'm actually looking in to having my set up re-annoed, but there aren't really any places in Canada that do this.

FlipShot
04-04-2003, 08:17 PM
well I was'nt planning on ording one for a while ( damn bills! ) so maybe in a month or so the black ULE craze will be over and there will be one left for me.

jayel579
04-04-2003, 10:27 PM
uh, my card was charged and i recieved a confirmation email on a black one. am i getting one?

sneakyhacker420
04-05-2003, 03:19 AM
i'm still waiting for green :(

aaron_mag
04-05-2003, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by damageinc54

I beleive I can answer your question. Consider the amount of mags in the field that are black compared to colored. For years all AGD sold was guns in black and only limited numbers in color if any at all. Remember what a pain it was for me to get my Emag in red? I had to special order it and it cost $$$$$$$$. While every other gun on the market came in a rainbow of colors AGD guns were still coming in only black. That is why black will sell quicker that colors. There is a vastly higher ratio of black AGD guns in guys hands than there are colored AGD guns.

No....it is because black is a classic color. There will always be some freaks like yourself;) that have to have something like red but the majority of people will want black or pewter. A very vocal minority was clamoring for other colors but it makes sense that black would sell out quickly.

DjGruv
04-05-2003, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by aaron_mag

No....it is because black is a classic color. There will always be some freaks like yourself;) that have to have something like red but the majority of people will want black or pewter. A very vocal minority was clamoring for other colors but it makes sense that black would sell out quickly.

Isnt that what he just said?? The reason they sold out was the fact that they only made BLK and a handfull of colors. I'm pretty sure all that will change being nobody wants a plain BLK gun anymore. Walk on to any tourny field and count the colored guns vs. the blk guns. Now for you rec ballers..........well who cares:rolleyes: (it was a joke for all you sensitive types)

aaron_mag
04-05-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by DjGruv

Isnt that what he just said?? The reason they sold out was the fact that they only made BLK and a handfull of colors. I'm pretty sure all that will change being nobody wants a plain BLK gun anymore. Walk on to any tourny field and count the colored guns vs. the blk guns. Now for you rec ballers..........well who cares:rolleyes: (it was a joke for all you sensitive types)

Nobody wants a plain black gun except for the majority of players. No one is saying that AGD shouldn't have other colors but those will be the exception not the rule. You guys should be happy. Your gun will be unique on most of the fields while I'll have three other black ULE bodies on the same field. :) As for who cares anyone who want to part a fool (myself) and his money...:p

EDIT: What on an AGD marker comes color? You have a trigger frame and the body. If the majority of people wanted a color marker but were currently stuck with black they would have just bought whatever color they wanted as they would be replacing the body anyway....

Skoad
04-07-2003, 04:00 PM
Office Gal - Have the ordered bodies been shipped yet? or when will they be shipped?

joeyjoe367
04-07-2003, 04:22 PM
I believe you'll get a confirmation E-mail with a tracking code and whatnot when it's shipped out.

Hoplon
04-08-2003, 12:41 AM
I'm waiting for blue with straight lines or Matte black.

DiRTyBuNNy
04-08-2003, 12:46 AM
Skoad..I hope you enjoy the voodoo curse the OG's are about to put on you. It's monday and most of the department isn't even back from West Virginia yet. What part of, they have to pass QC and you'll get a confirmation email when they're shipped do you not understand?

Jack & Coke
04-08-2003, 12:52 AM
I want Black... slap me when they're available again...

ddinwdc
04-08-2003, 02:43 PM
You are a prolific poster, and I must say that the majority of your comments that I come accross are quite negative. What is your problem? Another devotee of the AGD Cult of Personality? :rolleyes:

Jack & Coke
04-08-2003, 03:36 PM
http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=488850 :eek:

wimag
04-08-2003, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Skoad
Office Gal - Have the ordered bodies been shipped yet? or when will they be shipped?

Skoad,
just received my confirmation a few minutes ago. Should receive it tomorrow according to the ship notice, but knowing UPS guaranteed by Thursday. :D

Skoad
04-08-2003, 08:42 PM
why haven't i been notified!!!! no fair i ordered one i swear :D :D :D

DiRTyBuNNy
04-08-2003, 09:05 PM
You are a prolific poster, and I must say that the majority of your comments that I come accross are quite negative. What is your problem? Another devotee of the AGD Cult of Personality?

and I'd have to say that you have to learn a few lessons about etiquette yourself.

Blennidae
04-08-2003, 09:09 PM
Hey Skoad, I received my confirmation email as well. Just thought I'd let you know...;)

aaron_mag
04-08-2003, 10:00 PM
Sheesh.....I ordered one and I don't have a confirmation email yet!!!! GRUMBLE Going to have to come up with a voodoo curse of my own.:D

Skoad
04-08-2003, 11:26 PM
when you guys say confirmation email..what do you mean?

because when i ordered mine i got a "Receipt from AIRGUN DESIGNS, INC" and a "Thank you for your purchase, email confirmation enclosed."

is that the confirmation your talking about? I have yet to get an email with a tracking number or anything.....

omni
04-08-2003, 11:50 PM
I ordered mine over the phone so I don't get one of those right?

OG gave me my Order Number, any way to track my order without calling them as they seem quite busy?

DiRTyBuNNy
04-09-2003, 01:17 AM
Nope the email actually comes from UPS, the addressee is listed as QuantumViewNotify@ups.com so look out for that address..scared the heck out of me the first time.

QUINCYMASSGUY
04-09-2003, 07:49 AM
Yeah, that Quantum thing seems familiar....

Oh yeah, I got one saying my black ULE body will be at my place tomorrow (Thursday) meaning I can FIIIIIINALLY play again this weekend ending this long span of time where my gun couldn't work without a body. I can't wait to see how this thing looks on my Mag with my new Teardrop that arrived and the Intelliframe and XValve. :D

Y-frame next? hmmmmm.... maybe, still not fond of how it angles forward, I didn't like the feel of a Z-grip either because of how you kind of had to hold it to the shoulder. I'd actually love a slightly curved 90 degree grip (basically Space frame), or like a 5 or 10 degree grip instead of a 45 degree, with a trigger with greater angling at the bottom. Seems this could be a nice medium feel.

Skoad
04-09-2003, 10:10 AM
well now im getting worried....do you think i should call them? i don't want to make a big hassle over nothing.....

aaron_mag
04-09-2003, 10:24 AM
I ordered them as well and have not yet gotten a shipping confirmation. I was within the first 25. Be patient and give them through the weekend. That is my plan.

QUINCYMASSGUY
04-09-2003, 10:24 AM
You get two emails early on like I did (friday or whatever day the bodies were available), and then another later on, like I got another email late monday saying it was being shipped. If you don't get this third email later on it has not been shipped but they have record of it. It may be they did QC in batches and guys like myself who must be in the first 25 or 50 ordered got theirs sent and they're working on the next batch. Wouldn't you rather they make sure they're sending you a top-notch product? Unlike Brass Eagle, AGD has solid standards of excellence. You'll get it don't worry, but if it's too too long make sure you've saved the first two and contact them then.

cphilip
04-09-2003, 10:34 AM
You do not always get an email. It depends on wether whomever entered your order entered a notification email address when they entered the shipping order to UPS. I often do not get a shipping email and always my stuff shows up. Don't worry if you didn't get one till its reported its been some time and everyone has gotten theirs and you haven't. If you got a store confirm that should do you for now.

Skoad
04-09-2003, 12:19 PM
ok :)

AGD-OfficeGal
04-09-2003, 01:55 PM
Reasons why you might not get an email from UPS:

(1) You live in Canada and it's going by Global Air
(2) You typo'd your email address in your order and you aren't even going to get the order confirmation (it happens)
(3) We typo'd your email address when entering it in the order.
(4) You ordered by phone and we neglected to get your email address.
(5) UPS failed to send it out even though you and we did everything right.
(6) Other.

Remember - panicking is not usually a constructive response to ANYTHING.

AGD-DragonLady

Blennidae
04-09-2003, 01:58 PM
(7)Voodoo curse placed on your email by annoyed AGD OG's:D

Skoad
04-09-2003, 02:05 PM
well its gotta be 3, 5, or 6...... :(

WHY ME!???!?!? noooOO!

omni
04-09-2003, 02:09 PM
LOL at #7

But Canada is always Reason #1, grr Canada.

Skoad
04-09-2003, 02:15 PM
Wait, i was reviewing my email confirmation thing i got when i ordered it. all the information is right except under billing part i have my email, but under shipping part it doesn't list my email......is that why????

cybrchld
04-09-2003, 02:18 PM
:D Just got my black one in today!!!! :D

Thanks AGD
:D

aaron_mag
04-09-2003, 04:43 PM
You may be right Skoad. Mine didn't list my email under shipping either. Probably were too busy to input that part. Once again don't panic. I know you are reading all these receipt messages and getting pissed (I'm there with you) but a day or two is not going to kill you. Keep repeating that to yourself and you will be okay....:)

Skoad
04-09-2003, 04:52 PM
just got my confirmation email....wonder why it took mine forever to get moving

aaron_mag
04-09-2003, 05:22 PM
Just got mine as well. See....if you had called you would have just been another sad casulty of AGDOG irritation. It is fortunate for you that you held off calling.

Soon I will have it....except I need to get a new cocker threaded barrel anyway. So there is no rush.....

wimag
04-09-2003, 05:32 PM
got mine today :D man this thing is freakin light.
The ano is superb. Those who receive them will definitely not be dissapointed.

Evil Bob
04-09-2003, 06:01 PM
I also got my black ULE body today as well. It is *very* light :)

-Evil Bob

cphilip
04-09-2003, 06:19 PM
I didn't get one...were is it!

:rolleyes: :D :eek: :confused: :( :p ;) :D

cledford
04-09-2003, 06:31 PM
I ordered a pewter (not my first choice) and got a BLACK! I had actually asked (in my online order - comments section) that if they had an extra black if they could exchange it, so I guess they did! Thanks to all of the GREAT office gals who take such good care of us! I was excited to just be getting a ULE body - to get the black was an AWESOME surprise!

Um, if anyone else tries this nd it doesn't work - don't get pissed. They office gals are great and try what they can to keep us all happy, but can't always make miracles happen.

-Calvin

Cryer
04-10-2003, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by cphilip

Yeah, me too...:( I ordered a red one COD cause I didn't have the funds available at the time. I'm still waiting. Patiently. sort of.:p

Top Secret
04-10-2003, 02:10 PM
I didn't get mine yet... :(

DiRTyBuNNy
04-10-2003, 03:09 PM
That's the sad thing about living in California..it takes a week to get here..oh well...

cphilip
04-10-2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Top Secret
I didn't get mine yet... :(

Me neither...sniffle...sob....

Dayspring
04-10-2003, 03:38 PM
Don't we mean "Where is it"?

Tsk tsk Phil... Slipping in your old age. :D

Originally posted by cphilip

:rolleyes: :D :eek: :confused: :( :p ;) :D

cphilip
04-10-2003, 04:38 PM
Uh oooo...look up at the top....mine might be in the hold back.... :( :)

Cryer
04-10-2003, 10:02 PM
Got my email!:D

Scheduled Delivery: 16 April, 2003
Ohh, I can't wait!!!!