PDA

View Full Version : RE: 06.18.2001 Barrel Efficiency

kbagyeman
04-04-2003, 06:18 PM
I just finished reading the barrel efficiency mini research paper by toms tech dated 06.18.2001 Barrel Efficiency .

before you guys continue reading this question please bear in mind that i am new to this, so please excuse me if i say something stipid or ignorant.

it said that a 10" barrel (0.833') with a ball ahving an exit velocity of 300 ft/s will have a force of 1500 g's, well actually it is 1679 g's. he then went on to say that the peak pressure is at the instance the pressure is released into the chamber. this i understand completley, he also went on to say that as the ball travels down the barrel the pressure inside decreases due to the increse in volume. this again is also correct. but he said that for the best performance, one should use lower pressure with a longer barrel or higher pressure with a shorter barrel.

now i'm all about sniping, so i prefer the longer barrel for better accuracy at longer distances, but if i raise the output pressure on a longer barrel say 18"-24", it would go through a longer distance in order to reach the 300 ft/s thus reducing the g-froce and give maximum accuracy because the length of barrel.

please let me know if what i am saying is correct, also let me know what i can do to improve accuracy.

also does anyone know anything about the kingman spysniper gun?

hitech
04-04-2003, 08:02 PM
The lenght of the barrel has NOTHING to do with accuracy. It won't matter at all.

Here is some lite reading on the subject of accuracy:

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64669