PDA

View Full Version : Paintball Sams Scenario Game

Smoke
04-05-2003, 01:02 AM
Anybody going to Paintball Sam's scenarion game? It's June 21. Admission is $15. I've played at Sam's scenario games, and let me tell ya, you don't want to miss this one. So far me and AutomagRT1483 are going. Anyone else?

AutomagRT1483
04-05-2003, 01:16 AM
Im in!!! Im in!!!:D

The List:
1. automagfreek
2. AutomagRT1483

Maybe's:
1. frost
2. LIGHTEMUP

AutomagRT1483
06-02-2003, 10:06 PM
UP!!!:D :D :D

frost
06-04-2003, 04:10 PM
i wanna go put me down as a maybe could i get some more info on it tho

AutomagRT1483
06-04-2003, 05:57 PM
Alrighty, lets see....Paintball Sam's hasn't updated their site yet. But look for a newsletter to be sent out soon. Thats just as long as you chose to recieve their newsletter when you signed the waiver at the AO-Day. I will post details up as soon as I get them. Unless one of the guys from Pride or FESTUS33 have some already. ;)

frost
06-04-2003, 06:37 PM
well the thing is one money and then i have to call nikki about it cause if you have to be 16 or older she told me to call her up and i can get in :D shes great i can go to the big game 2 now becuase of her

frost
06-04-2003, 06:38 PM
HEY! whats the theme or is there one:confused:

LIGHTEMUP
06-04-2003, 06:51 PM
i might be able to if i get my board back in time if i do u bet ill be there:D cuase i mised the last one :(

AutomagRT1483
06-08-2003, 05:09 PM
I think the theme will be out soon. Otherwise we'll find out at the scenario it's self.

AutomagRT1483
06-09-2003, 09:52 PM
Paint will be the regular day play price...$88 bucks.

frost
06-10-2003, 04:44 PM
can we use are paint from the ao meet

AutomagRT1483
06-13-2003, 01:10 AM
I dunno, might want to call or e-mail Paintball Sam's to find out. It may be event only paint.

AutomagRT1483
06-14-2003, 10:18 PM
Here's all the info you will need for the Scenario Game. See ya all on Saturday!!:D

2003 Sam's Scenario Game

'Hey all! Sorry for the delays and the secrecy surrounding this scenario game. To be very honest with you all Jim of our little group retired from the scenario game biz and Tim and I are major procrastinators. That being said, here is the low down on this years Scenario Game.

The game will be next weekend, Saturday, June 21st. The gates will open at 7:30 am with sign in beginning at 8:00 am. Everyone will need a picture id and anyone under the age of 18 will need one of our parental consent forms, signed and notarized, or signed by a legal parent or guardian AT THE FIELD! No exceptions! There is no one under the age of 14 allowed on the field.
From 8:00 am to 9:00 am will be doing sign in and chronoing. Everyone must be able to chrono under 285 feet per second. At 9:00 am will be begin orientation along with the special rules for the game. From there the teams will be split up and the planning will begin. At 10:15 (hopefully) we will begin the game! At 12:30 we will break for lunch, regrouping, and door prizes! At 1:15 we hit the field again and battle it out until 3:30. Once the game is at an end we will tally up the scores and find out which team is the big winner.
Now here are some specifics about the format and game. There will be two generals, who will have a command staff. We are working off a victory point format like we have in the past. Points will be awarded for kills of main characters, taking and holding objectives, and finishing missions. We will be using reserves like we have in the past. The reserves work simply like this. If you are taken out of the game you head off the field to your teams dead box. Once there you wait for 10 minutes or until there are 10 players ready to go back in, and then you are taken back in by a ref as a reserve force.
Some of the characters in the game will be the generals of course, captains, medics, combat engineers, snipers, and new this year, SPECIAL FORCES! That's right, both teams will have a special forces squad which will have their own special rules. The game will feature maps, objectives, and more missions then last year.
Now for the main questions I'm sure your going to ask. First off the paint prices are $88 for a case of 2000 rounds, $48 for a half case, and $29 for 500 round bags. FIELD PAINT ONLY! NO CARRY ON PAINT! The price of the game is a 15 dollar field fee, this includes members. Sorry members but like Big Game 1 and 2 this is a special event and therefore that 15 field fee. Air refills are 1.00 per 1000 psi of compressed air and CO2 fills start at $2 for a seven ounce and go up from there.
There will soda, Gatorade, chips, and snacks for sale but there will be NO HOT FOOD! So plan on bringing your lunch or you can run up the road to several fast food places. You are welcome to grill out in the parking lot but let me remind you all one more time that there is no alcohol allowed on the premises.
Well, I hope this answers some of your questions but I'm sure there is something I didn't cover, in which case you can email me with all your questions. Just send them to mailto:redmatt@wi.rr.com and I will get back to you ASAP!
I hope you all can make it out to the third offering of Paint Balls Sam's Scenario Game. We will keep trying to bring you the best games possible. Feel free to write us with comments and suggestions.
One last word of advice, bring radios if you have them! You will be even more important to your team if you actual have a radio!

redmatt
06-17-2003, 04:22 PM
Hey guys, I'm Matt, Manager at Sams and let answer a few of your questions.
You have to 14 to older to play at the scenario game. You DO NOT have to be 16 or over. As long as you have a consent form and your 14 or older, your okay.
Yes, you can use the paint you bought at AO day. You can also use paint you may have bought at Big Game. As long as you bought it from us, you can use it on the field.
I hope you all can make it, there is a group coming from Min. to play and I would love to have a good showing. Just let me know if you have any questions.

Red Matt

AutomagRT1483
06-17-2003, 06:13 PM
Thanks Matt! It's about time you got on the boards!;) :p Sweet, I have like 3/4 of a case of paint that I have a accumulated from sam's this year, looks like I'll finally have a reason to use it up.:D

redmatt
06-19-2003, 04:07 PM
For those of you who asked, here is the back story to the game this weekend. Hope this starts to give you a feel for it.

MattIn the dark future, years have passed since the Krusty-Hore wars. Krusty, mad with power, imprisoned or killed any who opposed him. The lucky were executed, the rest sent to the dungeons where they fell under the care of Krusty's mad torturer, scientist, and all around fun guy, Doctor Jerry: Papa Doc . The Doctor's experiments taught him how to bring a man to the brink of death, break his mind and spirit, and then bring him back to health as a mindless slave. Krusty, pleased with the experiments at first, soon grew bored with them and ignored what happened in the dungeons, as he grew fat and lazy with his domination of the land.
Meanwhile Dr. Jerry's experiments continued, and he slowly amassed an army of troops completely loyal to him. An army must be fed, and rumors abounded of cannabilism as well as other bizarre rituals. The people were terrified of the growing horde, and turned to Krusty for help. He ignored their pleas as overreactions.
Papa Doc grew even more ambitious as his forces grew larger. His eyes fell on an unguarded parcel of land on Krusty's border. He set his force in motion, determined that if he was able to dig into that land, Krusty could never shake him out.
The people knew the horror that Papa Doc would inflict on their land, and turned to their only hope. Toby the Terror, a former Captain under Krusty, had grown tired of the status quo. Though he carried his elite forces to victory in the brutal Battle of the Ridge in the last Krusty-Hore war, he has been ignored under Krusty's lethargy. He reunited his elite warriors from the past battles and leads them in their bid to stop the Docs progress, as well as to gain himself a position of power.

AutomagRT1483
06-19-2003, 05:17 PM
Wow!:eek: My 1st Sam's scenario game is going to be awesome!! Cant wait to run in Rick's squad;)

frost
06-24-2003, 01:32 PM
i couldnt go i was going to come but i was coming back from the cottage and i stuck my head out the window and my ****ing glasses flew off my face and got crush my a car (not that i could stop and get them) so i had to spend all the money i save up for the game and xvalve to buy a new par of flexons (spelling) u know the kinda u can bend and they pop right back into place yea $400 bucks :mad: and its the only kind that will last for more than two years with out breaking (i cant help it i got an out of control life style that i love)