PDA

View Full Version : LX Sweet Goodness (& a couple Q's)

Russ
04-05-2003, 04:44 PM
I installed a LX in my E-Mag in June of '02 (One of the first kits released, Thanks, Tom!) It has performed absolutely flawlwssly. Not a single chop, with so few barrel breaks, I can count them on one hand, and that's in over 10(?) cases of paint! Many of it the cheapest stuff I can find.

The set-up,

#2 carrier
2 Shims
Longest spring

I just got myself ANOTHER kit for my Classic Mag.

The set-up,

#1 carrier
2 shims
Longest spring

Hey, I see a trend here :)

I am very impressed with the way LX works. It's a bit labor/time & air intensive to set up, but rewards you with a chop-free marker...Damn, that's sweet! Kudo's to Tom & Crew for a great upgrade, and I really like the instructional mini-disk.

I sent in a delrin superbolt, which weas worth a $25 credit towards the LX.

Now, the Q's...

Should I run the RT/E-Mag buffer? The E-Mag chews 'em up pretty quick (less than 4000 shots) Maybe the Blue one for the classic valves is a beter choice. Comments?

Which is the stiffer spring, long silver or short gold (stock AM bolt spring) For me, it's hard to tell.

Anyone try to gain air efficiency by playing around with bolt springs?

Jonesie
04-05-2003, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Russ
Should I run the RT/E-Mag buffer? The E-Mag chews 'em up pretty quick (less than 4000 shots) Maybe the Blue one for the classic valves is a beter choice. Comments?
I'm pretty sure it's been decided that the blue bumper is the better LX bumper. Check this thread (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=68929&highlight=blue+bumper) for some pretty good info. Havoc knows his stuff pretty well.

Which is the stiffer spring, long silver or short gold (stock AM bolt spring) For me, it's hard to tell.
The springs, from stiffest to lightest, go Long Silver, Cut Silver, Stock AM (Gold).

Anyone try to gain air efficiency by playing around with bolt springs?
I plan to this summer when time frees up. If you get to it before mid-May or June, lemme know what you find! ;)

Later ~ Dave